"Wineries Galore!" Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg by GracesTrips

Healdsburg Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 260 photos

Okay, so November is just an amazing sight up in Healdsburg! The Fall colors of the trees and grapevines are just sooo beautiful. I can understand why artists paint landscape scenes of this area. This was a great time to go if you enjoy wine. This particular weekend (Thanksgiving weekend) happened to have several celebrations going on. Most of the wineries will participate by providing food pairings or complimentary wine tastings. In Healdsburg Square, on Friday evening, had an open house celebration. All the retail stores were opened for extended evening hours provided wine, cheese, fruit & crackers. We had a wonderful time up here and I'm sure we will be back again soon!

While you visit Healdsburg, also go to Napa and Sonoma.

We were just driving past these horses that were grazing under this tree. I stopped the car to take the picture and the horses just stared at me.

The Dry Creek region of Healdburg is known for their Zinfandel vines even though there are other varietals planted. Look at this gnarly zin vine that has to be hundreds of years old!

• Last visit to Healdsburg: Nov 2008
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2009

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Hi Grace, thanks for your note, I probably won't be able to get there until 9 ish...Karl

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Nice Healdsburg page and descriptions of the wineries. There are so many great wineries surrounding Healdsburg. I often find the low key ones with the less elaborate tasting rooms often have the best wines.

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Beautiful photos and a well put together page. We are looking forward to visiting this town later in the year.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2008 at 10:25 AM

HB seems a nice and peaceful place. I like the first p.hto very much, Grace

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Makes me wish I could be up there! love the wine country in this weather/time of year. Did I tell you I used to work in wine industry in Australia in 70's?---probably!---OH, did you mention you are sorta WHAT??? NO! I'll drink with you anytime!

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Healdsburg

Have you been to Healdsburg?

Latest Activity in Healdsburg