"Looking for Mike in Montepulciano!" Montepulciano by GracesTrips
Montepulciano Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 264 photos
Montepulciano is a wonderfully, beautiful, small town! It is also known for their wine region and the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano that garners a DOCG status.
We happened to be staying in the town of Montalcino (about 20 minutes by car) and thought we should check out the nearby towns and this was very close by. We also had a friend (from California) who was staying in Montelpulciano for 2 weeks attending a language school. We had already made plans to meet up with him in Florence at the end of the week. But, since we were in town, we tried to find him, hopefully, out and about since Montepulciano was not such a large place. We found the school he was attending but it was at the end of the day and the school was closed. We did find a classmate of his that knew Mike and said he would mention we were looking for him.
Like many of the towns in the Tuscan region, they are built on the top of hills and as a fortress to have a better opportunity to protect themselves. Montepulciano is on a very steep hill and the streets reflect how steep it really is. You definitely need some good walking shoes to hike up around here!
There are a number of shops around town, wine stores, food stores, art galleries, etc. Please see my Travelogue with photos of these places!
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Montepulciano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Montepulciano"
- "Beautiful beautiful beautiful"
- "A Hilltop Tuscan Treasure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montepulciano
- Hotels in Montepulciano
- Transportation in Montepulciano
- Restaurants in Montepulciano
- Shopping in Montepulciano
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Montepulciano
- 1 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Montepulciano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montepulciano
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 109 reviews, 360 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 69 reviews, 317 photos, 12 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 27 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 128 photos, 6 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 17 reviews, 130 photos, 7 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (71)
Latest Montepulciano hotel reviews
- Farmhouse IL Fienile Montepulciano
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 12, 2012
- Meuble' il Riccio Hotel
- 309 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Le Manzinaie
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 1, 2013
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 28, 2012
- Albergo Ristorante Sangallo
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Fattoria San Martino
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2012
- Il Marzocco
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Relais San Bruno
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Villa Poggiano
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Camere Bellavista
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013