"To Go or Not To Go to Pisa!" Pisa by GracesTrips

Pisa Travel Guide: 1,421 reviews and 3,929 photos

As my boyfriend and I were making plans as to what cities in Italy we will visit, Pisa was not on his list. However, I wanted to go. I thought as my first time visit to Italy, what is more iconic than the leaning tower of Pisa. He had been to Pisa before, he said there wasn't much to see. The tower (at that time) had scaffolding all around it and you couldn't climb up. He imagined it to be in the same predicament. But, as a favor to me, he said we could go.

To his surprise, there was no scaffolding and we saw people lined up to enter the tower to climb up to the top. So, we quickly got our tickets (timed entrance) and made the trek up. He was estatic! He was so tickled that as we climb the circular staircase, that you could feel the lean from one side and lean the opposite direction when we got to the other side. When you finally get to the top, you have spectacular 360 degree views! I think we both really enjoyed our visit and glad we made the stop!

I had been practicing with my tiny camera, the self pic. I think I got pretty good at it on this trip!

View from atop the leaning tower of Pisa!

• Last visit to Pisa: May 2011
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2011

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Nice-Did not know we could climb up the tower-once again we had thousands of tourists packing the place!

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Pisa