Rome Restaurant Tips by GracesTrips
Rome Restaurants: 1,186 reviews and 1,235 photos
I was trying to recall a restaurant we had dined at but I didn't post a tip. The reason I didn't post it was because my pics didn't turn out. They were too dark. As I was trying to find it, I came across this link that you might find helpful for selecting that very special dining experience.
And, Voila! The restaurant we dined at was also on this list! The restaurant was the L'Olimpio Rooftop Restaurant located at the top of the Hotel Bernini Bristol.
I wish I had known about this list when I had went to Rome. But then, on the otherhand, maybe it was a good thing I did not know about the list because I would probably be quite in debt after all those spectacular meals.
In Italy, you do not really leave a tip. If you choose to do so, it's a matter of rounding up a euro or two at the most. Most restaurants basically collect a "tip" in their cover charge which could be a "using table" charge or by charging you for the bread they bring to the table. Some restaurants flat out have a convenience charge of €5.00.
Bresaola rolled with goat cheese
Just wanting a little something to eat to tie us over to dinner, we stopped off at this restaurant. This is located close to the Colosseum.
I do enjoy bresaola which is a cured beef (sort of the same process as prosciutto). Normally served in slices over a bed of ricola (arrugula) and some parmesan cheese. This restaurant rolled goat cheese into the bresaola slices over a bed of ricola. It was soooo gooood! It was a warm day and along with my appetizer I enjoyed some house white wine. Dined outdoors, it was a very relaxing and enjoyable experience!
My boyfriend had some pasta that was also very good!
Address: Via dell'Angeletto, 3, Roma, Italy 00184
Comparison: about average
Directions: Closer to the Cavour metro station exit but also accessible from the Colosseo metro exit. From the Colosseo exit, go north on Via dei Serpenti then east on Via Leonina and then north on Via dell'Angeletto.
The menu says "Antiche ricette" which translates to Traditional recipes! We enjoy some wonderful house white wine along with perfectly cooked pasta. There are quite a few restaurants near the Colosseum and quite busy with lots of people. This restaurant was just slightly off the beaten path but still close by and it was great. You can tell, mainly locals were here. Prices were reasonable and we enjoyed the outdoor ambience.
I ordered the rigatoni carbonara €7.60, it was delicioso! My boyfriend ordered the tonnarelli with cheese and black pepper for €6.50.
Address: Via Ostilia, 23, Roma, Italy 00184
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: From the Colosseo metro station, find your way going east then south towards Via Nicola Salvi then east on Via San Giovanni in Laterano and then south on Via Ostilia.
Carpacio, with pecorino cheese and rucola(arugula)
We ate at many, many Italian restaurants and this was the best in Rome! A recommendation from our hotel concierge, Marcos. He called the restaurant and all he said was "per due (doo-eh)" and hung up. They must know him well enough to recognize his voice and made reservations for two.
The food was so good, we ate here twice. Very nice wine selection. Some of the staff can speak English. Actually, our waitress spoke many languages and she appeared to be of Asian ethnicity.
Our first dinner, we ordered a carpacio appetizer and we each ordered a meat dish and shared a side of sauteed spinach. It was really good with the red wine. Our second dinner was pasta and pizza and it was also very good.
Address: Via delle Quattro Fontane 32b, 00187 Roma, Italy
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Side street off of Via Nazionale, closest Metro Station at Repubblica Teatro dell 'Opera
More Reviews (21)
- See All Postage Stamps
- See an Opera in a Church
- See All Roman Forum
- See All ATM for Bank of America Customers
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "The world's biggest open air museum?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 26 Reviews
- 152 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (152)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 112 reviews, 377 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 73 reviews, 337 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 51 reviews, 195 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 42 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 27 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Colosseum- 490 Reviews, 882 Photos
- Trevi Fountain- 329 Reviews, 538 Photos
- Piazza Venezia - Vittoriano- 183 Reviews, 298 Photos
- Piazza di Spagna - Spanish Steps- 294 Reviews, 458 Photos
- Castel Sant'Angelo- 141 Reviews, 262 Photos
- Roman Forum- 294 Reviews, 544 Photos
- Pantheon- 260 Reviews, 524 Photos
- Piazza Navona- 232 Reviews, 391 Photos
- Trajan & Imperial Forums- 89 Reviews, 160 Photos
- Villa Borghese- 89 Reviews, 159 Photos
See All Rome Things to Do