Rome Restaurant Tips by GracesTrips

Rome Restaurants: 1,204 reviews and 1,268 photos

Several: Restaurants with a View L'Olimpo - Hotel Bernini Bristol Review

I was trying to recall a restaurant we had dined at but I didn't post a tip. The reason I didn't post it was because my pics didn't turn out. They were too dark. As I was trying to find it, I came across this link that you might find helpful for selecting that very special dining experience.

And, Voila! The restaurant we dined at was also on this list! The restaurant was the L'Olimpio Rooftop Restaurant located at the top of the Hotel Bernini Bristol.

I wish I had known about this list when I had went to Rome. But then, on the otherhand, maybe it was a good thing I did not know about the list because I would probably be quite in debt after all those spectacular meals.

Buon appetito!

Rating: 0

Website: http://www.dinewithaview.com/view-restaurant-Rome.htm

N/A: Tipping Coperto - Service Charge Review

In Italy, you do not really leave a tip. If you choose to do so, it's a matter of rounding up a euro or two at the most. Most restaurants basically collect a "tip" in their cover charge which could be a "using table" charge or by charging you for the bread they bring to the table. Some restaurants flat out have a convenience charge of €5.00.

Rating: 0

Theme: Local

Bresaola rolled with goat cheese - Rome

Bresaola rolled with goat cheese

Gli Angeletti: Best Bresaola Appetizer! Gli Angeletti Review

Just wanting a little something to eat to tie us over to dinner, we stopped off at this restaurant. This is located close to the Colosseum.

I do enjoy bresaola which is a cured beef (sort of the same process as prosciutto). Normally served in slices over a bed of ricola (arrugula) and some parmesan cheese. This restaurant rolled goat cheese into the bresaola slices over a bed of ricola. It was soooo gooood! It was a warm day and along with my appetizer I enjoyed some house white wine. Dined outdoors, it was a very relaxing and enjoyable experience!

My boyfriend had some pasta that was also very good!

Address: Via dell'Angeletto, 3, Roma, Italy 00184

Comparison: about average

Directions: Closer to the Cavour metro station exit but also accessible from the Colosseo metro exit. From the Colosseo exit, go north on Via dei Serpenti then east on Via Leonina and then north on Via dell'Angeletto.

Phone: +39.06.4743374

Price: US$11-20

- Rome
Osteria il Bocconcino: Good Pasta, Not too Crowded, Near Colosseum Il Bocconcino Review

The menu says "Antiche ricette" which translates to Traditional recipes! We enjoy some wonderful house white wine along with perfectly cooked pasta. There are quite a few restaurants near the Colosseum and quite busy with lots of people. This restaurant was just slightly off the beaten path but still close by and it was great. You can tell, mainly locals were here. Prices were reasonable and we enjoyed the outdoor ambience.

I ordered the rigatoni carbonara €7.60 (in 2011), it was delicioso! My boyfriend ordered the tonnarelli with cheese and black pepper for €6.50.

Address: Via Ostilia, 23, Roma, Italy 00184

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: From the Colosseo metro station, find your way going east then south towards Via Nicola Salvi then east on Via San Giovanni in Laterano and then south on Via Ostilia.

Phone: +39.06.77079175

Price: US$11-20

Website: http://www.ilbocconcino.com/en/chisiamo.html

Carpacio, with pecorino cheese and rucola(arugula) - Rome

Carpacio, with pecorino cheese and rucola(arugula)

Berzitello: Excellent, Excellent Restaurant! Berzitello Ristorante Review

We ate at many, many Italian restaurants and this was the best in Rome! A recommendation from our hotel concierge, Marcos. He called the restaurant and all he said was "per due (doo-eh)" and hung up. They must know him well enough to recognize his voice and made reservations for two.

The food was so good, we ate here twice. Very nice wine selection. Some of the staff can speak English. Actually, our waitress spoke many languages and she appeared to be of Asian ethnicity.

Our first dinner, we ordered a carpacio appetizer and we each ordered a meat dish and shared a side of sauteed spinach. It was really good with the red wine. Our second dinner was pasta and pizza and it was also very good.

Address: Via delle Quattro Fontane 32b, 00187 Roma

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Side street off of Via Nazionale, closest Metro Station at Repubblica Teatro dell 'Opera

Phone: 06.47824714

Price: US$31-40

Website: http://www.ristoranteberzitello.com/

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Rome