Venice Shopping Tips by GracesTrips

Venice Shopping: 269 reviews and 385 photos

Think Twice About Buying Murano Treasures - Venice
Murano Glassware: Think Twice About Buying Murano Treasures Murano Glassware Review

Murano glass treasures are amazing! Also, over priced! Buyer beware! For example, I found a little, contorted glass bowl with an opalescent hue that I really wanted. One store had it for €45. I thought it was too expensive and proceeded to go back to another store that had a similar bowl I liked and found they wanted €78. Well, this was no bigger than a small candy dish or dip bowl so for that much money I passed on buying it. To my good fortune, a couple months later, I found the same bowl (from Murano) in a Crate & Barrel store here in the states. I bought it for US$18 or €11 and bought a gigantic bowl for US$36 or €23! I was estatic will my find!

But, I did purchase a beautiful beaded necklace with round Murano beads and polished stones for $78 which I know I would not be able to find back at home. So, use your judgment wisely in making purchases of Murano glass.

• Written Oct 14, 2011
Phenomenal Modern Day Sculptures - Venice
Energenesi Art Gallery: Phenomenal Modern Day Sculptures

On our travels, my boyfriend and I often look at art for purchase as a souvenir, an expensive souvenir! And, we just happen to be keeping an eye out for a sculpture piece to put in the entry way of our home. This gallery had the most amazing pieces that were mobile, spinned around, twirled! They were fantastic. But....out of our price range. The piece out front of the gallery was valued about €30,000.00 or US$44,000.00. So, we did not purchase anything. For those of you who can afford something in this price range, it would be a worthwhile acquisition. Very cool gallery!

Address: 2606 Campo San Maurizio San Marco, Venice 30124

Directions: Where the musical instrument museum is located.

Phone: +39.041.575.2492

Theme: Art

Website: http://www.energenesiartgallery.com/

• Written Oct 12, 2011
Masks - Venice
Venetian Masks (carnival etc): Masks Venetian Masks (carnival etc) Review

Venice is know for Carnevale which is celebrated in February each year. Elaborate costumes are worn along with masks. Originally was a celebration of marriages but now just as a festival. Mask shops can be found all over Venice and throughout Italy. The price of these masks can be quite high. I didn't end of buying one just because I worried I would damage it transporting it home. I was fortunate to find a beautiful mask at Pier One Imports (made in Venice, Italy) and bought that instead.

Glass Gifts - Venice
MA.RE: Glass Gifts

This was an amazing store with lots and lots and lots of glass vases, dishes, statues, sculptures, etc. Buying something like this and transporting it home is a challenge I didn't want to deal with. So, we looked and ahhhed at all the fantastic things and went home empty handed. At this point, we had not went to Murano and there were even more fantastic finds over there!

Address: San Marco, 2088 Via XXII Marzo, Venezia 30124

Phone: +39.041.5231191

Theme: Gifts

Website: http://www.mareglass.com/en/

Market on a Boat - Venice
Mario I: Market on a Boat

I can't remember where we saw this at but it was fun to see a produce market on a boat. We didn't see more than this one but the novelty that you can go anywhere to sell your goods was a fantastic concept! I wish hotel rooms came equiped with kitchens because it was always so tempting to buy food and be able to prepare our own meals!

Theme: Food and Drink

The missing necklace was the one I bought - Venice

The missing necklace was the one I bought

Lanza Stefano, Bigiotteria vendita: Jewelry Store

This was a wonderful jewelry store with unique items that I found very interesting. I'm always on the hunt to find a souvenir from another country that I can treasure forever and jewelry is wonderful when you can't find a piece no where else in the world.

I bought a unique necklace that appears to be a gold mesh chain that you tie around your neck. The gold mesh chain was actually fabric, dipped in 18 karat gold. Soft to the touch. It is quite beautiful. It's located down a busy walking street with many, many shops so to find this store with such nice quality items was a surprise.

I couldn't find a website but the address is correct. My receipt says Ditta Gibigiana Di Lanza, Venezia and another receipt says Gibigiana, Cannaregio 159, Venezia. They do take American Express!

Address: Sestiere Cannaregio, 159/a, 30121 Venezia, Italy

Directions: I'm not great with directions when I'm in another country but it was

Other Contact: 041.2449201

Phone: 041.5242897

Theme: Jewelry

My Quest for Collecting Pins - Venice
Hard Rock Cafe: My Quest for Collecting Pins

I am an HRC pin collector. As I travel, I look for the opportunity to collect more pins. This Hard Rock Cafe in Venice was a little hard to find even though it is close to Piazza San Marcos. We walked up and down some of the narrow streets and I happen to see the sign by chance. I would have loved to collect pins from the HRC in Florence but it was not due to open until June (the following month!). I did collect my pins in Rome. So, I was pretty happy with my purchases.

Address: Bacino Orseolo San Marco, 1192, 1-30124 Venezia

Phone: +39.04.15229665

Theme: Other

Website: http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe.aspx?LocationID=533&MIBEnumID=3

• Updated Jun 3, 2011

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Venice