"I always love to be at the BEACH!" Top 5 Page for this destination Busan by GracesTrips
Busan Travel Guide: 336 reviews and 910 photos
It was April 2008. To go to Busan after a few days in Seoul was refreshing. The weather was still on the chilly side to enjoy the beach but to see the water and smell the ocean is something I tremendously enjoy. The day we arrived, it was slightly raining. The next day, all the clouds had cleared out and the sunrise was just lovely. We took a taxi to see the Haedong Yonggungsa (sometimes Yonggung) Temple which is nestled in the rocks at the ocean. I was slightly disappointed with all the "racking" for the lights and paper lanterns that surrounded the temple. Not only was it distracting but did not allow for a really nice photo opportunity of the temple.
We then walked back to Songjeong Beach to flag down a taxi to give us a ride to the nearest metro station. Taxis would stop but the drivers did not seem to understand our request. Luckily, we found a tourist information spot and they helped us to get a taxi. We proceeded to go to the Jung-gu area to see the Busan Tower at Yongdusan Park (also known as Mt. Youngdu Park). There is a fashion district shopping area by the Busan Tower.
The next day we took the train from Busan up to Gyeong-ju which was the original capitol over a thousand years ago. We were hoping to visit the Folk Village there but we got off to a late start on our journey. It's a two hour train ride to the north. Then it would have been another 20 minute taxi ride to the village. Instead we visited the Cheonmachung and Daeneungwon Royal Tombs and walked through a market near the train station. The only reason our time was limited was because we had planned to travel back down to Ulsan to meet VTer, Dave, at 6pm.
The homes in Gyeong-ju were more of the traditional old style houses. Even the new homes were built to replicate the old style homes. The houses were back to back with one another with very little to no yards to speak of. Some had tiny courtyards and usually had a grand, fortress like gate at the entryway.
If we could have had one more day, I would have liked to visit Muan which is on the southwestern coast. So, perhaps if I ever visit again, that would be on my "to do" list along with spending a few days on Jeju Island.
Haeundae Beach is the nicer beach in Busan. But there are several seperate beaches all along the coast. The waves are... more travel advice
Another evening, we venture out to dinner. We don't have a car so we decided to go right (east) this time on the road... more travel advice
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Busan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My first year abroad"
- "Busan = Pusan, 2nd largest city of South Korea"
- "Busan: Korea's Second City"
- "I always love to be at the BEACH!"
- "Weekends in Busan"
- "BUSAN - MARITIME CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Busan
- Hotels in Busan
- Transportation in Busan
- Nightlife in Busan
- Restaurants in Busan
- Shopping in Busan
- Warnings and Dangers in Busan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Busan
- 19 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Busan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Busan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 116 reviews, 396 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 83 reviews, 380 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 60 reviews, 238 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 166 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 42 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues