"I always love to be at the BEACH!" Top 5 Page for this destination Busan by GracesTrips

Busan Travel Guide: 336 reviews and 910 photos

It was April 2008. To go to Busan after a few days in Seoul was refreshing. The weather was still on the chilly side to enjoy the beach but to see the water and smell the ocean is something I tremendously enjoy. The day we arrived, it was slightly raining. The next day, all the clouds had cleared out and the sunrise was just lovely. We took a taxi to see the Haedong Yonggungsa (sometimes Yonggung) Temple which is nestled in the rocks at the ocean. I was slightly disappointed with all the "racking" for the lights and paper lanterns that surrounded the temple. Not only was it distracting but did not allow for a really nice photo opportunity of the temple.

We then walked back to Songjeong Beach to flag down a taxi to give us a ride to the nearest metro station. Taxis would stop but the drivers did not seem to understand our request. Luckily, we found a tourist information spot and they helped us to get a taxi. We proceeded to go to the Jung-gu area to see the Busan Tower at Yongdusan Park (also known as Mt. Youngdu Park). There is a fashion district shopping area by the Busan Tower.

The next day we took the train from Busan up to Gyeong-ju which was the original capitol over a thousand years ago. We were hoping to visit the Folk Village there but we got off to a late start on our journey. It's a two hour train ride to the north. Then it would have been another 20 minute taxi ride to the village. Instead we visited the Cheonmachung and Daeneungwon Royal Tombs and walked through a market near the train station. The only reason our time was limited was because we had planned to travel back down to Ulsan to meet VTer, Dave, at 6pm.

The homes in Gyeong-ju were more of the traditional old style houses. Even the new homes were built to replicate the old style homes. The houses were back to back with one another with very little to no yards to speak of. Some had tiny courtyards and usually had a grand, fortress like gate at the entryway.

If we could have had one more day, I would have liked to visit Muan which is on the southwestern coast. So, perhaps if I ever visit again, that would be on my "to do" list along with spending a few days on Jeju Island.

• Last visit to Busan: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 25, 2014

• hopang's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Excellent Busan travel page with stunning photographs. Your travel page certainly brings back fond memories of our trip to the city many years ago. We love Korean food especially Korean BBQ. Thanks for your virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Interesting! Transport sounds pretty modern and good. A bit like you, I had the chance to visit Korea this year, (it wasn't on my list of "to visit places") but I didn't take up the offer, I think I may have been glad I went elsewhere.

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Thanks Grace I enjoyed these Busan tips. Very interesting

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Interesting way you look at your venues. Thanks for sharing.

• ZenLady34's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Thanks a lot for taking the time and making the efford in writing such a good pages on Korea (seoul, busan etc). I enjoyed reading them. brgds from Finland!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Another excellent page - Busan. I enjoyed the fish market there.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Woo, Grace ,very nice pics of Busan. You must have enjoyed K very much.

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Your photography is awsome..

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Busan