"Life goes on, I can't wait!" GracesTrips's Profile
Hello and thanks for stopping by! I have been on VT going on 9 years now and I enjoy every aspect this site has to offer from obtaining travel information, to helping others with travel info, making friends (see VTers I have met) and providing a photo album for my family/friends that is accessible "virtually" at any time.
I've had a most interesting life thus far and an incredible journey. "Life is Good" is what the wonderful man in my life always tells me. But yet, as good as life can be, life is also too short. It is my hope, that in my lifetime, I can see the world.
I live about 20 minutes east of Los Angeles but consider SoCal (Southern California) my home. Any given weekend, I'm in Huntington Beach, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Big Bear, who knows! I'm definitely not a stay at home kind of person. I'm always on the go and always wondering where are we going next.
Check out the VT Meet here in Los Angeles this August 15-17, 2014. I will be going on the TMZ Tour Friday, August 15th!
We try to take a trip outside of the United States each year. This past year we revisited my boyfriend's family in Germany. We spent a little more time with them on this trip from the past trip 2 years ago. We also took a road trip to Prague in the Czech Republic. We made our way back to Germany visiting Munich, Neuschwanstein Castle, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Heidelberg and back to Frankfurt.
Prague is such a great city to visit. Lots of tourists is the drawback. But, still worth it. I think if you like to shop, this is definitely the place to be. But, I was not on a shopping excursion. Mostly, it was to see the sites, eat and take in the culture. I was quite surprised to find many Czechs speak English. This made our visit much easier being able to communicate.
There are many castles to visit in the Czech Republic. We saw three of them on our trip. They are magnificent and enjoyed all of our visits. I especially like seeing the furniture, frescoes and architechture.
Neuschwanstein Castle is a must see! It's in a beautiful setting and the story behind how it came to be is sort of sad.
Heidelberg has really become a huge tourist destination. My boyfriend went to school there and was astonished how many visitors were there on this trip.
So, if I were to build a wish list, it would start off like this (not necessarily in this order)...
Tahiti (Booked for 2014!)
Brazil (hopefully in 2016 for summer Olympics)
Costa Rica (Booked for 2014!)
I know I can add a lot more!
My boyfriend's family. From left to right, me, his brother Claudius, his mom, his nephew Lucas and his dad.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,305 Reviews
- 5,429 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 109 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
- Commented on cerres's profile page
- Wrote a Review Restaurants at LAX in Los Angeles Restaurants
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Off the beaten path vs..."
- updated a Venice Travel Page "Venice Beach, The Most Bizarre People are Here!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great Vacation Destination!"
- GracesTrips and Roadquill are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Life goes on, I can't wait!"
- Uploaded a Video to Miami
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 114 reviews, 387 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 78 reviews, 359 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 42 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 27 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues