"Life goes on, I can't wait!" GracesTrips's Profile
Hello and thanks for stopping by! I have been on VT going on 8 years now and I enjoy every aspect this site has to offer from obtaining travel information, to helping others with travel info, making friends (see VTers I have met) and providing a photo album for my family/friends that is accessible "virtually" at any time.
I've had a most interesting life thus far and an incredible journey. "Life is Good" is what the wonderful man in my life always tells me. But yet, as good as life can be, life is also too short. It is my hope, that in my lifetime, I can see the world.
I live about 20 minutes east of Los Angeles but consider SoCal (Southern California) my home. Any given weekend, I'm in Huntington Beach, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Big Bear, who knows! I'm definitely not a stay at home kind of person. I'm always on the go and always wondering where are we going next.
We try to take a trip outside of the United States each year. This past year we brought my 24 year old daughter along. So, we chose to go to South Africa. It was just an amazing experience! My favorite part was visiting the Welgevonden Game Reserve. The Nedile Lodge where we stayed is located inside the reserve exposed to all the wildlife. You felt like you were living amongst nature. Well, very nice accomodations amongst nature, I should add. I posted my pics on my Johannesburg travel page as it is about 4 hours north from there. There are many reserves you can go to in South Africa. We chose this one because of the private game reserve would not be overrun with people and the accomodations were tremendous.
We also visited Cape Town on this trip. It is very much a metropolitan city with some quaint towns here and there like Kalk Bay, Simons Town and Hout Bay. We stayed in Kalk Bay for four days. It seem like an ideal place for the three of us. My daughter would do some shopping while we went wine tasting.
There are lots and lots of wineries in Stellenbosch and even going into Franschhoek. The lanscape is sooo beautiful. The mountains are so impressive. We also drove through a very nice shopping area in Franschhoek with lots of restaurants.
Penguins on the beach in their natural element is so great to see. They seem to be very much at home here in Simons Town.
We did have a bit of rain one day and decided it might be best to see the Two Oceans Aquarium. What a surprise! It was a wonderful aquarium with so much sea life. It was a great way to be indoors.
We also went to Miami and Seattle this past year!
For 2013, our travel pages are still shaping up but looks like we will visit Germany again to see my boyfriend's family and then on to Prague, Zurich or Vienna. It's sooo exciting! We also have a quick trip to San Francisco in the summer. A business trip for my boyfriend but a shopping excursion for me! I just wish I had more vacation time from work.
So, if I were to build a wish list, it would start off like this (not necessarily in this order)...
Brazil (hopefully in 2016 for summer Olympics)
I know I can add a lot more!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,161 Reviews
- 4,768 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 96 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wine, Food & Music"
- GracesTrips and aicebreaker are now friends.
- Commented on 8thWonderFijiTrip's profile page
- Posted in Travel Los Angeles Forum "Re: A day at LA .. What are the..."
- Wrote a Review Wine Tasting at Terry Hoage in Paso Robles Things to Do
- updated a Paso Robles Travel Page "Wine Country 3 1/2 Hours from Los Angeles!"
updated their Profile Page "Life goes on, I can't wait!"
- Uploaded a Video to Los Angeles
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 109 reviews, 360 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 69 reviews, 317 photos, 12 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 27 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 128 photos, 6 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 17 reviews, 130 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos