"Life goes on, I can't wait!" GracesTrips's Profile
Hello and thanks for stopping by! I have been on VT going on 8 years now and I enjoy every aspect this site has to offer from obtaining travel information, to helping others with travel info, making friends (see VTers I have met) and providing a photo album for my family/friends that is accessible "virtually" at any time.
I've had a most interesting life thus far and an incredible journey. "Life is Good" is what the wonderful man in my life always tells me. But yet, as good as life can be, life is also too short. It is my hope, that in my lifetime, I can see the world.
I live about 20 minutes east of Los Angeles but consider SoCal (Southern California) my home. Any given weekend, I'm in Huntington Beach, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Big Bear, who knows! I'm definitely not a stay at home kind of person. I'm always on the go and always wondering where are we going next.
We try to take a trip outside of the United States each year. This past year we brought my 24 year old daughter along. So, we chose to go to South Africa. It was just an amazing experience! My favorite part was visiting the Welgevonden Game Reserve. The Nedile Lodge where we stayed is located inside the reserve exposed to all the wildlife. You felt like you were living amongst nature. Well, very nice accomodations amongst nature, I should add. I posted my pics on my Johannesburg travel page as it is about 4 hours north from there. There are many reserves you can go to in South Africa. We chose this one because of the private game reserve would not be overrun with people and the accomodations were tremendous.
We also visited Cape Town on this trip. It is very much a metropolitan city with some quaint towns here and there like Kalk Bay, Simons Town and Hout Bay. We stayed in Kalk Bay for four days. It seem like an ideal place for the three of us. My daughter would do some shopping while we went wine tasting.
There are lots and lots of wineries in Stellenbosch and even going into Franschhoek. The lanscape is sooo beautiful. The mountains are so impressive. We also drove through a very nice shopping area in Franschhoek with lots of restaurants.
Penguins on the beach in their natural element is so great to see. They seem to be very much at home here in Simons Town.
We did have a bit of rain one day and decided it might be best to see the Two Oceans Aquarium. What a surprise! It was a wonderful aquarium with so much sea life. It was a great way to be indoors.
We also went to Miami and Seattle this past year!
For 2013, our travel pages are still shaping up but looks like we will visit Germany again to see my boyfriend's family and then on to Prague. It's sooo exciting!
So, if I were to build a wish list, it would start off like this (not necessarily in this order)...
Brazil (hopefully in 2016 for summer Olympics)
I know I can add a lot more!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Quezon City Hotels
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Parish of Portland Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Washington D.C. Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Sheepshead Bay Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Pulau Mamutik Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Portland Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- Pensacola Beach Hotels
- Winnipeg Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,251 Reviews
- 5,272 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 102 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
- Commented on Dymphna1's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Driving in City Center in Old Town Prague"
- Wrote a Review Illegally Parked? in Prague Warnings and Dangers
- created a Prague Travelogue "Glimpses of Amazing Architecture & Embellishments"
- Posted in Travel Rome Forum "Re: Not your typical honeymooners?"
- GracesTrips and toddecus are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "People in My Life Part I"
- Uploaded a Video to Los Angeles
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 110 reviews, 369 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 71 reviews, 332 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 49 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 42 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 27 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos