"DATCA:A peninsula between Aegean and Mediterranean" Top 5 Page for this destination Datca by artonice
Datca Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 251 photos
Datca is a small peninsula where you can go from Marmaris by road and from Bodrum by car ferry.
It has a very charming centrum with smal hotels and pensions, fish restaurants and shops.There is also a yacht port.
There are lots of bays around Datca with very pure water and a antic city's ruins KNIDOS.
There are also small villages - raising almond, fig and grape.
Before Datca was not by the coast.But than when tourism have become economical profit to the people, the town moved near the coast.
BUt in Old Datca you can see the old stone houses and old narrow streets full off history.You can walk around in this old town and feel that there is a personality there..
This Ancient City is at the end of Datca Peninsula .You can either come by boat that departs from Datca Port or you can come by car.
You can visit this city's ruins and also swim in the pure water and if you bring your snorkel you can dive and also look around the ruins in the sea.
It's a must see place.
- Pros:A lot of pure bays , suitable for diving ,swimming,resting.
This is an amazing small bay with its pure sea.You will love to swim. more travel advice
Old Datca is the first living place but when people moved to the sea coast ,a few people stayed in here.There are some... more travel advice
artonice's Related Pages
Datca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where is paradise ?"
- "Datca and Knidos - corners of heaven"
- "DATCA:A peninsula between Aegean and Mediterranean"
- "Datca.....Day Trips"
- "PRETTY DATCA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Datca
- Hotels in Datca
- Transportation in Datca
- Nightlife in Datca
- Restaurants in Datca
- Shopping in Datca
- Warnings and Dangers in Datca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Datca
- 12 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Datca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Datca
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 27 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
- Madrid Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Figueres Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Datca Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Verona Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Kefken Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos