"I left my heart here" Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik by ozalp
Ayvalik Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 463 photos
Let's start with a Sezen Aksu song's lyric, "Kalbim Ege'de Kaldi":
Cigarami sardim karsi sahile
Yaktim ucunda acilari
Aglari attim, anilar doldu
Aglar hasretimin kiyilari
Yareme tuz diye
Tek sahidim aydi
Bir elimde defne
Bir elimde sevdan
Kalbim Ege'de kaldi
Efeler kalkti serefe
Sevgimi attim dostlarim tuttu
Bir agit yaktim kadere
Ayrilik olumden beter
Yeter bu hasretlik yeter
Bana bir merhaba gonder
We visit this small town every year since 1992. We first saw Cunda (Alibey Adasi) in a movie with my dad and we decided to go there. Since we realized that we cannot live without visiting Cunda, we had a summerhouse in this lovely island.
When I remember this song, I want to go this place at once. When I remember it while I drink raki, I feel like I could cry. It is a song for two sides of Aegean Sea. I wish someone translate the lyrics someday.
The hyperlink on the song's name is its video clip on Youtube. You can see the streets of Cunda in it.
Do not expect a touristy sea town. This place is peaceful and quiet.
These tomatoes are from the weekly opening street markets. I do not know why, everything I eat is delicious here.
Do not think that the photo is pale, these tomatoes are not red. They are pink, it is a different kind of tomatoes.
I love being lost in the streets of Cunda and Ayvalik. Unfortunately after all these years it is getting hard to lost. I am nearly a local.
- Pros:Wonderful small town by the sea
- Cons:Tell me if you find any
- In a nutshell:Sea, history, delicious fresh fish, olive oil, old stone houses... I love it here.
Ayvalik Gucu is the sports club of Ayvalik. The café was built as a meeting point of club, I think. It is at the square... more travel advice
We heard about these cookies after many years we had spent in Ayvalik. Some neighbors said us that there was a pastry... more travel advice
ozalp's Related Pages
Ayvalik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ayvalik, Sarimsakli"
- "Ayvalik - Sarimsakli"
- "I left my heart here"
- "AYVALIK IS A SMPHONY"
- "Turkey's best kept secret"
- "i love Ayvalik"
- "A Town smells olive all around"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayvalik
- Hotels in Ayvalik
- Transportation in Ayvalik
- Nightlife in Ayvalik
- Restaurants in Ayvalik
- Shopping in Ayvalik
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayvalik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayvalik
- 16 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Ayvalik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayvalik
Photos in AyvalikSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Cyprus Intro, 37 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Urgup Intro, 37 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 48 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Van Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazan' Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympos Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Madrid Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 10 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues