"Ruins Eaten By Forest" Top 5 Page for this destination Olympos by ozalp
Olympos Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 354 photos
I am back in Istanbul and I am full with joy. I was in Olympos-Cirali last week and it was amazing. As a national park, it was quite pure.
I had been thinking about visiting Olympos since 1993. I had heard it from my friends in university and I had been dreaming about there since that time. My dreams came true after years. But my friends said that Olympos changed much since '93. There are not many buildings. You can swim without seeing any piece of human built structure. I cannot describe the feeling about swimming between mountains.
Nature of Olympos can change your point of view easily. This pine tree is dead for years but I sense that it has an alternative life in this spot.
Olympos is an ancient port city. It is surrounded by mountains. Time had destroyed it and the ruins are covered with trees and other plants now. They are destroying the walls and the roads day after day. And this reminds me that we are all mortals.
This is Tahtali Mountain. I've been told that Olympos is this mountain. When you look back from the beach you feel surrounded by mountains. This one is the highest.
I did not go there for searching Zeus. I am sure he had already left there. Because a skiing center will be constructed there.
- Pros:Natural and quite
- Cons:Only a few fish types to eat
- In a nutshell:Wonderful place to forget all the troubles
There are only a few shops in Cirali. This one is close to Ceylan Restaurant. You can buy some souvenirs here. They make... more travel advice
Climbing the Chimeara is not free of charge. This place is a national park and you have to pay 2.25 ytl. We drove to the... more travel advice
ozalp's Related Pages
Olympos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ruins Eaten By Forest"
- "CIRALI - FAMILY FUN ON THE MED"
- "Mike's Olympos Page"
- "Olympos - the perfect place to chill"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olympos
- Hotels in Olympos
- Transportation in Olympos
- Nightlife in Olympos
- Restaurants in Olympos
- Shopping in Olympos
- Warnings and Dangers in Olympos
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Olympos
- 21 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Olympos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olympos
Photos in OlymposSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Cyprus Intro, 37 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Urgup Intro, 37 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 48 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Van Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazan' Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympos Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Madrid Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos
- Nepal Intro, 10 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue