"Ruins Eaten By Forest" Top 5 Page for this destination Olympos by ozalp

Olympos Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 355 photos

Dead tree

I am back in Istanbul and I am full with joy. I was in Olympos-Cirali last week and it was amazing. As a national park, it was quite pure.

I had been thinking about visiting Olympos since 1993. I had heard it from my friends in university and I had been dreaming about there since that time. My dreams came true after years. But my friends said that Olympos changed much since '93. There are not many buildings. You can swim without seeing any piece of human built structure. I cannot describe the feeling about swimming between mountains.

Nature of Olympos can change your point of view easily. This pine tree is dead for years but I sense that it has an alternative life in this spot.

Simply natural

Olympos is an ancient port city. It is surrounded by mountains. Time had destroyed it and the ruins are covered with trees and other plants now. They are destroying the walls and the roads day after day. And this reminds me that we are all mortals.

Olympos From The Eye Of My Olympus

This is Tahtali Mountain. I've been told that Olympos is this mountain. When you look back from the beach you feel surrounded by mountains. This one is the highest.
I did not go there for searching Zeus. I am sure he had already left there. Because a skiing center will be constructed there.

• Pros:Natural and quite
  • Cons:Only a few fish types to eat
  • In a nutshell:Wonderful place to forget all the troubles
  • Last visit to Olympos: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2008

ozalp

“I like my town with a little drop of poison.”

Badges & Stats in Olympos

Have you been to Olympos?

Latest Activity in Olympos