"Hacibektas" Hacibektas by ozalp
Hacibektas Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 13 photos
Now, I am a pilgrim, because this place is a destination of a religious travel for a sect of Islam. The town is named after Haci Bektas-i Veli (1209-1271) (Haci means pilgrim), a respectable religious man and a philosopher who lived in the same era with Mevlana (1207-1273). His doctrines from 13th century are very similar to the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights”. Strange thing is declaration was written in 20th century.
Followers of Haci Bektas are called as Bektasi and the path they “walk” is Bektashism. They were honored by Sultans; they have strong ties with Janissary (Yeniceri) forces. Many Bektashis joined wars with Ottoman Army. One of them was Gul Baba. He died in Budapest, his tomb is there, open visits.
Above, Haci Bektas' rules in English, below Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
They are together on the wall of the second court od Haci Bektas Museum.
- Pros:Philosophy and history
This place has the “post”s of Bektashis. “Post” is the leather of an animal like sheep, lion, leopard, etc. The owner’s... more travel advice
ozalp's Related Pages
Hacibektas Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hacibektas
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Hacibektas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hacibektas
Top 10 Pages
- Cyprus Intro, 37 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Urgup Intro, 37 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 48 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Van Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazan' Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympos Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Madrid Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos
- Nepal Intro, 10 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue