"Feels like home" Kadikoy by ozalp

Kadikoy Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 39 photos

Khalkedon: The Land Of The Blind

Khalkedon is the ancient name of Kadikoy. It is also called "The Land Of The Blind" by The Oracle of Delphi, because the people of Khalkedon choose to live here, not the more atractive European part. Oracle advised the Megarians to establish their city accross the land of blind. I must confess that I prefer to called as blind.

Unnecessary information: Kadikoy is the biggest and most populated district of Istanbul and also Turkey.

• Pros:Nice place to live
  • In a nutshell:It is my HOME and I miss it wherever I go
  • Intro Updated Feb 15, 2007

• kellisa9's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2009 at 5:00 AM

I LUV Kadikoy :) I'm from Melb, Australia and i went last year in Subat. My beautiful friend lives there. Also i met my bebek outside Haldun Taner and we went on a ferry across the Bosphorous to his home to stay. Beautiful memories of a beautiful place

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Loved Kadikoy. Might be returning to Bursa later this year! Did you get to make any deals on souls with your 666 status?

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2008 at 8:36 AM

I wish there were more "things to do" here! Do u think 2 days are too much for Kadikoy?

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2008 at 2:41 PM

hi 5006..thanks for the hit back in Istanbul in 4 weeks, then Bitez

• jacobzoethout's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2007 at 11:57 AM

hi ozlem, nice page about kadikoy. I only visited it for a few hours in april and missed the balloon.

• norain's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2007 at 3:52 AM

lovely page :)

• Dec 20, 2006 at 1:18 AM

Only been to Kadiköy to take the ferry. Longest stay there was to eat in the fishboat with a view up to Denizati. Btw, are those fish-restaurant-boats still there?

ozalp Used To Live Here!

ozalp

“I like my town with a little drop of poison.”

Badges & Stats in Kadikoy

Have you been to Kadikoy?

Latest Activity in Kadikoy