"Capital city of Bhutan" Top 5 Page for this destination Thimphu by ozalp
Thimphu Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 169 photos
The Capital city is also the largest and most modern city of Bhutan. It has been the Capital since 1961 and its population was 98,676 in 2005.
It is one of the two Capital cities of Asia that does not have a traffic light. It is located on the banks of Wangchhu river.
This Dzong is by the Wang Chu river and just across the palace. We've been warned about not to look towards the palace,... more travel advice
We had our first lunch in Thimphu here. It is at the second floor of a building and you can see the famous pointsman,... more travel advice
ozalp's Related Pages
Thimphu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Quite Rural But Booming Capital"
- "Capital city of Bhutan"
- "A Small Capital in a Mountain Land"
- "Thimpu - Bhutan's Capital City"
- "01-Thimpu – The Dragon Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thimphu
- Hotels in Thimphu
- Nightlife in Thimphu
- Restaurants in Thimphu
- Shopping in Thimphu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thimphu
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Thimphu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thimphu
Top 10 Pages
- Cyprus Intro, 37 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Urgup Intro, 37 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 48 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazan' Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympos Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Madrid Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 10 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue