"Mull man meanders" duncanlbrown's Profile

Long time since I've updated, sorry!

In April 07 I moved back to Surbiton (a suburb of London) after 3 years living in Paris. Still travelling a lot for work......

Recently been to:

Jan 08 - Paris
Jan 08 - Isle of Mull (twice!)
Feb 08 - Penrith & Cockermouth

Planning on going to

March 08 - Luanda, Angola
April 08 - Baku, Azerbaijan
April 08 - Luanda, Angola
May 08 - Houston, Texas
June 08 - Barcelona, Spain

will try to keep you all up to date

Lived in Paris for a few years

I work in the oil business, which is known for sending folk to the far ends of the not-quite-discovered world. So a 3 year posting in Paris was pretty good. It could be so so so much worse.

We lived in the 7th Arr, not too far from the Eiffel Tower. The 7th is pretty central, but not too touristy. It borders on the 15th which, a local / residantial area, so see some of Paris as Parisians see it. This shot of the tower is taken from Av. de Suffren which is the border between the 7th and 15th.

Statues everywhere. I wonder if anybody's counted all the statues? I bet one of the most numerous is this guys - the infamous Charles de Gaulle. He's got most of the city named after him!

For us Scots, Paris is usually a muggy, hot crowded place. Put it can get decided chilly sometimes, even a wee droppie snow falls now and then. So be prepared for anything!

• Intro Updated Mar 5, 2008

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Hey Duncan! Wishing you a great birthday - bet you don't even read this because you can't remember your password!!! Anyway, Happy Birthday, Cuz, from Mum and I!!! Good luck in the Rally!!!

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Happy birthday Duncan!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2008 at 2:31 AM

Happy birthday Duncan and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit next year for the Euromeeting

• duncanlbrown's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Hello - sorry I haven't been on here for a while, and I know some folks sent me emails which I have not answered. Sorry! If you care to send them again I will answer. Cheers, And Happy New Year

• BROOKS's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Happy Birthday!!!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Happy Birthday, Duncan! ENJOY your day!

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 9:39 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul/Turkiye..I wish that you realize all your dreams...good luck ...

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2006 at 2:23 PM

Greetings from Montreal, I would like to wish you many blessings on your special day for today and always may they never stop comming your way.. A very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!! Cheers!Welcome to VT..Donna :)

• joddy's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2005 at 5:59 PM

Thanks for your comment... have a good time~~~

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2005 at 1:30 PM

Well, Duncan...another visitor from Athens, I am:):) You have the same birthday as my father and the same year as my son, whose bd is the 23rd!...Glad to hear you are enjoying Paris. Be careful in your travels

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
duncanlbrown's Profile Photo

duncanlbrown

“You have talked so often of going to the dogs - and well, here are the dogs, and you have reached them.”

Real Name