"It's only getting better" vivacolombia's Profile
and still thinking about our summer trip destination. August is so expensive... Any suggestions?
I didn't expect much of this country and was happily suprised by the diversity of landscapes and the intense emotions you get to experience when visiting incredible monuments.
Hiking, Climbing, sitting 6 straight hours in a canooeee, sleeping in hamacs in the middle of the tropical forests has never represented a ?perfect? kind of trip. However, my 5 day tour to the Alto Caura was the best experience. It changed my life. Off course, I got the adventure feel but spending time with the Yekwana, living in the middle of the jungle changed me. I can now spend a good hour watching ants taking away a cockroach!!!
I love latin american politics and didn't understand the whole Chavez thing. With only two french books written on the subject and so many controversies, I was delighted when the opportunity to go and see Venezuela for myself presented itself.
THE Result after one month: i still don't have a clear opinion and try to understand the Venezuelan history and situation. Maybe is it that I'm enjoying myself too much to do the necessary research. But the good news is that I probably have another 5 more months to finish my exploration.
Before that, I want to continue spending my week-ends exploring this absolutely beautiful place.
Paris is only a 3 hours train ride to London.
We booked our package on the eurostar webpage and got a wonderful deal:
180E for 3 nights in a 2 stars hotel located in Notting Hill!!
We were short in cash after our beautiful august trip to Venice but managed to do all we wanted on a 200 pounds budget.
If you have a special someone in your life: bring her or him to Venice.
I felt like I was in a movie: no cars, tiny bridges and so much water that it would be impossible for you to run away from a love declaration or marriage proposal... and off course I SAID YES!!!
Wedding should be next July in Margarita Island (Venezuela)
No, I'm not Colombian but after spending almost 2 months in Colombia in 2004 when this country was only famous for drug cartels, high crime rate and kidnappings, I somehow naturally turned into its advocate.
I got interested in Colombian politics, culture and history. I enjoyed people's way of life, shared their daily lives, daily issues, their joys, their frustrations. People welcomed me into their lives and let me discover what Colombia is really made of. Yes, this trip was life changing.
I understand that Colombia is not a country where you take your whole family to, your latest digital camera around your neck to take pictures of locals... but if you're looking for something different, a country in transition, a country where diversity is all around you (tropical weather, mountains, etc...) you'll fall inlove with Colombia.
So, here's what you shouldn't miss: la Feria de Cali, el parque nacional del cafe, Bogota (museo Botero, museo de Oro), go horseback riding, ...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 82 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Posted in Travel Isla Margarita Forum "Re: Are the beaches in Isla..."
updated their Profile Page "It's only getting better"
- Uploaded a Photo to "It's only getting better"
- updated a Paris Travel Page "This is where I live: an amazing city"
- Wrote a Review paris on a tight budget in Paris Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ciudad Bolívar Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita Intro, 16 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mochima Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Venezuela Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Colombia Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Tunis Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- London Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Cali 3 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos