"It's only getting better" vivacolombia's Profile

Off to Barcelona

and still thinking about our summer trip destination. August is so expensive... Any suggestions?

Israel - what a wonderful experience

March 2008
Dec-January 09

I didn't expect much of this country and was happily suprised by the diversity of landscapes and the intense emotions you get to experience when visiting incredible monuments.

Excursion Alto Rio Caura

Hiking, Climbing, sitting 6 straight hours in a canooeee, sleeping in hamacs in the middle of the tropical forests has never represented a ?perfect? kind of trip. However, my 5 day tour to the Alto Caura was the best experience. It changed my life. Off course, I got the adventure feel but spending time with the Yekwana, living in the middle of the jungle changed me. I can now spend a good hour watching ants taking away a cockroach!!!

FALLING IN LOVE with Venezuela!!!!!!!

I love latin american politics and didn't understand the whole Chavez thing. With only two french books written on the subject and so many controversies, I was delighted when the opportunity to go and see Venezuela for myself presented itself.

THE Result after one month: i still don't have a clear opinion and try to understand the Venezuelan history and situation. Maybe is it that I'm enjoying myself too much to do the necessary research. But the good news is that I probably have another 5 more months to finish my exploration.

Before that, I want to continue spending my week-ends exploring this absolutely beautiful place.

London on a tight budget: september 05

Paris is only a 3 hours train ride to London.

We booked our package on the eurostar webpage and got a wonderful deal:
180E for 3 nights in a 2 stars hotel located in Notting Hill!!

We were short in cash after our beautiful august trip to Venice but managed to do all we wanted on a 200 pounds budget.

my most romantic trip: VENICE

If you have a special someone in your life: bring her or him to Venice.

I felt like I was in a movie: no cars, tiny bridges and so much water that it would be impossible for you to run away from a love declaration or marriage proposal... and off course I SAID YES!!!
Wedding should be next July in Margarita Island (Venezuela)

WHY VIVACOLOMBIA as a member name???

No, I'm not Colombian but after spending almost 2 months in Colombia in 2004 when this country was only famous for drug cartels, high crime rate and kidnappings, I somehow naturally turned into its advocate.

I got interested in Colombian politics, culture and history. I enjoyed people's way of life, shared their daily lives, daily issues, their joys, their frustrations. People welcomed me into their lives and let me discover what Colombia is really made of. Yes, this trip was life changing.

I understand that Colombia is not a country where you take your whole family to, your latest digital camera around your neck to take pictures of locals... but if you're looking for something different, a country in transition, a country where diversity is all around you (tropical weather, mountains, etc...) you'll fall inlove with Colombia.

So, here's what you shouldn't miss: la Feria de Cali, el parque nacional del cafe, Bogota (museo Botero, museo de Oro), go horseback riding, ...

• Intro Updated Jan 29, 2009

• tratoria's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Hi great comments about Colombia, which is true, the danger is want to stay as the commercial TV shows.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Hi, there! There's a VT meet in Paris on the second week of February. If you are interested, please sign up at the VT meeting initiated by footstool or go the forum. The date is Feb 17 (tentative). Hope to see you!

• anaglenny's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Y que viva Venezuela tambien!

• danjur's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2006 at 9:25 AM

VIVA BOGOTA!!!! VIVA PASTOR LOPEZ..VIVA UNSANCOCHA

• Haditos's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 10:13 AM

Feliz Cumpleanios. Saludos desde Mexico =)

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 3:31 AM

Hi Dear. Happy Birthday to you. Have great day.

• JustaDreamin's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2005 at 2:47 PM

Hey there, welcome to the vast and exciting world of VT!! Hope you enjoy your "virtual adventures"!!

• nicebelgian's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2005 at 6:38 AM

Hello Welcome on VT. Have a great time in Paris!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!