"Que Aventura!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bolivia by Chicha15
Bolivia Travel Guide: 2,164 reviews and 5,901 photos
If you are visiting La Paz for the first time...you better have those calfs in shape! not only will they help you get around the steep streets but they will help you dodge the crazy drivers. Be alert, La Paz is a beautiful busy city, there is always something to do and that always draws big crowds just about anywhere. If you plan on shopping for souveniers, this is the place to do it! i've been to 6 out of the nine departments of Bolivia and the shopping experience was not the same, so please take advantage.
I was very lucky that the hotel I stayed in was in a popular area. You can pretty much walk to anywhere you need to go, but the steep streets and the altitute will be a challenge, try to keep it all close by, you'll enjoy yourself a lot better without getting too tiered.
I was fortunate enough to visit La Paz in mid Feb. this is when they have one of their largest and most popular fairs. oddly enough its the largest fair where everything is miniturized! Its called Alasitas. The main attraction is the Ekeko (God of need) It is believed that the Ekeko can make all miniture buys a reality! he comes in all kinds of varieties, so one can buy according to their needs. if you purchase one make sure that you get it "challado" just ask the vendor, they are happy to do so, this will ensure that you get your wishes!
- Pros:Its so beautiful and cheap!
- Cons:Altitute can be dangerous, the air is very dirty in La Paz, its very hard to breath at times.
- In a nutshell:It only seems small!
If you are a thrill seeker...this is a must! pictures dont do it any justice, you have to actually be there to really... more travel advice
Guembe Park is a bit far from the city but well worth the trip! Here you can enjoy horseback riding, swimming, nature... more travel advice
Chicha15's Related Pages
Bolivia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "See-It-All Tour of Bolivia and Follow-up Trips"
- "A boiling country - Un pays en ebulition"
- "exciting quiteness"
- "Que Aventura!"
- "Bolivia - the secret heart of the Anden"
- "Bolivia: Not so obvious and that's nice"
- "The Forgotten Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bolivia
- Hotels in Bolivia
- Transportation in Bolivia
- Nightlife in Bolivia
- Restaurants in Bolivia
- Shopping in Bolivia
- Warnings and Dangers in Bolivia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bolivia
- 35 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bolivia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bolivia
- Posted in Travel Departamento de Cusco Forum "Re: from la paz to cusco"
- updated a Bolivia Travel Page "Que Aventura!"
- Wrote a Review Biking the Road of Death/ El Camino de la Muerte in Bolivia Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Biking the Road of Death/ El Camino de la Muerte"
- Commented on one of kzapanta's Bolivia travel pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolivia Intro, 35 reviews, 88 photos
- Peru Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- China Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.