"Boracay Island - My second home since 1989" Boracay Island by boracayinformation

Boracay Island Travel Guide: 1,667 reviews and 4,855 photos

How I found the "Paradise"

Before I came to Boracay I traveled in Thailand - I loved the small Island of Phi Phi and the area around Krabi. Than I was traveling a lot in the Philippines: The North of Luzon - Baguio, Sagada . Than I started Island hopping - with more than 7000 Islands in the Philippines there is a long list to choose from: I visited Negros, Cebu Island, Bohol, Camiguin Island, Guimaras, Tablas, Panay and so finally I found the paradise: Boracay Island.

" World`s best beach & tropical Island "

Many people are talking now about " The BMW tropical beach handbook "
from Nick Hanna in particular in connection with Boracay Island, because the author said: " People often ask me which is the best beach in the world, and the replay is invariably Boracay." But this book was written in 1989 too. Nick Hanna said about Boracay also: " When I was here Boracay had no central electricity, no telephone link, no travel agency, no banks, and no proper exchange facilities. The lack of communication can only be considered a virtue. How long it will last, no one knows."

Time change everything

I had a hard time to get this Beach handbook. I could not find it in any book store, so I wrote a nice letter to the Public relation office of BMW in Munich.
Even they never heard about the book but to my surprise I got one of the last existing samples sent to me for free by BMW England, the place where the book was published. Times have changed - and to answer the question how long it will take: It took only a few years - now there is almost everything on Boracay. Not only one telephone link but three companies, travel agencies, five banks and many money exchange facilities. And of course: The world wide web is here too. But do you really need all of this if you are already in " Paradise" ?

• Pros:Still an island with many lovely places and friendly people
  • Cons:Sometimes sad to see what happens to the " Paradise"
  • In a nutshell:Don`t wait too long to visit the Island, time is running...
  • Intro Updated Sep 29, 2005

• aircrew_787's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2007 at 2:04 AM

Chris kumusta!....I agree with you the island was so much different before. My first Boracay visit was in 1985 and i was even in the island when People's Power took place in '86 monitoring the happenings in Manila.Now i wanna visit again.

• Oct 15, 2006 at 10:35 AM

lovely page! Nikos

• jeners's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2006 at 12:48 PM

Hi Chris like your pages on Boracay. How much would this hotel be a night for 3 people , 1 room sharing?? How do i contact them? thanks for your help...

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2006 at 9:59 PM

Hello Chris! Wonderful page on Boracay Island! Loved my virtual trip there. Happy birthday from Finland!

• sirenna's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2005 at 5:53 AM

Hi Chris, Love the Red Pirates tip - looking forward to seeing some more of your Boracay tips and photos! : )

boracayinformation

“Visit the Philippines & fall in Love with Boracay Island”

Badges & Stats in Boracay Island

Have you been to Boracay Island?

Latest Activity in Boracay Island