"WHAT AM I DOING HERE????" Bentong Town by lukluk_wal_marjan

Bentong Town Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 101 photos

Paying the price of....

Everytime I travelled by car to the East Coast of Malaysia, I will pass this area called Bentong. I have never before thought of making an excursion here until that fateful nite of July 5th, 2006.

I was travelling at about 90km/hour after passing the Bentong toll booth heading to Kuala Lumpur when suddenly my car engine stopped!

Luckily no car was behind me and there is an emergency lane where my car died on me! After panicking for a few minutes...yupp correct I do panick since its totally dark outside - about 9.30 pm - and lot of vehicles are speeding down the highway and I was all alone by the roadside.

I was really frustrated since its about 60km more to KL and am supposed to be in the office the next day for a meeting. It was about 10.30 pm then when the highway patrol arrived and assisted me to call for the mechanic.

Nothing can be done at that moment except for towing the car to the workshop.

I left my car at its hospital and I walk into a hotel in Bentong for a nite till my car is ready to be driven back to KL the next day!

And that is my story of why I was in Bentong.... Not for vacation, more like mourning on the price that I have to pay :-(

See the pic on how bad was the impact of a broken timing belt. I was then advised to change the belt every year since I am a long distance frequent traveller rather than following the standard practice according to mileage travelled.

Thanks Allah that I'm safe physically if not monetary....

• Last visit to Bentong Town: Jul 2006
  • Intro Written Jul 6, 2006

Comments

lukluk_wal_marjan

“travel wisely - be sure to enjoy the food, the place, make friends & of course have sufficient $$$$”

Badges & Stats in Bentong Town

Have you been to Bentong Town?

Latest Activity in Bentong Town