"On route back to my hometown" Kampong Raban by lukluk_wal_marjan
Kampong Raban Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Its a lake....huge lake. for the pass 7 year since I started driving from Kuala Lumpur back to my hometown in Baling, I will definitely pass this area but only recently I take my own sweet time to take a few snap shots of the place.
It's heavan for people who loves fishing....i.e. freshwater fishing. Be it, early in the morning or late in the evening, if you pass this area you can see people with their fishing rods heading towards the lake.
Its also where the locals breeds the fish in a 'cage' locally called as 'Kelong' (pronounce as kay long) . There are plenty of restaurants or food outlets offering grilled freshwater fish along the road side.
If you take the old trunk road, you are actually passing across the lake at one section and mostly along the lake which sometimes appear on your left and sometimes on your right!!!! It was sure a winding old trunk road.
The pictures taken is actually from the new road which officially open to traffics in October 2005
- Pros:Beautiful, Peacful, not fully explored yet
- Cons:Not i know off...
lukluk_wal_marjan's Related Pages
Kampong Raban Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Raban
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kampong Raban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Raban
Photos in Kampong RabanSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos
- Penang Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Putrajaya Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jakarta Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Kangsar Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiping Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Batu Gajah Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue