"Sweet, hilly Dilijan" Dilijan by Marywhotravels
Dilijan Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 86 photos
I spent the months of May and June 2008 backpacking through Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Armenia. Dilijan was, surprisingly, one of the highlights of my trip, since my Bradt book even recommended against going there at all.
But it really is a cute little town. There are a dozen B&Bs to stay at, all very traditional Georgian houses with homemade, traditional cuisine. Everyone was very friendly and thrilled to encounter a tourist. They really are eager to get their tourist industry going again (a lot of Russians used to come here during Soviet times, but since the 1990's tourism has all but dried up). Not much English is spoken though, so if you know any Armenian or Russian, it helps a lot.
An older woman getting water from a very pretty fountain on Myanikov Street. After I took the photo, she looked surprised and asked me what I was doing. I explained that I was just a tourist taking photos of her pretty town, and she beamed with pride and thanked me for taking the picture!
- Pros:beautiful setting, friendly people
- Cons:a bit hard to get to, no bus station, undeveloped infrastructure
I was amazed that the sleepy, mountain town of Dilijan had not one, but two adorable little museums! This is the central... more travel advice
Marywhotravels' Related Pages
Dilijan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "...once upon a time..."
- "Sweet, hilly Dilijan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dilijan
- Hotels in Dilijan
- Transportation in Dilijan
- Restaurants in Dilijan
- Warnings and Dangers in Dilijan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dilijan
- 2 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Dilijan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dilijan
- Posted in Travel Ukraine Forum "Re: Travelling abroad for a..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Various pictures from Dilijan"
- created a Dilijan Travelogue "Various pictures from Dilijan"
- Wrote a Review sweet little cultural museum with friendly guides in Dilijan Things to Do
- Commented on one of MalenaN's Dilijan travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Stow Intro, 15 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyzyl Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melitopol' Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Aichi-ken Intro, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dilijan Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zaporizhzhya Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kurashiki Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Korostyshev Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Novomoskovs'k 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Ambo Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos