"Matera - city of the sassi" Top 5 Page for this destination Matera by Maidstoneman
Matera Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 171 photos
You cant really describe Matera. You need to see it for yourself. A town built onto the sides of a double S shaped cliff, abandoned in the 1950s and now being restored.
- Pros:Architecture, History, Setting, Atmosphere
- Cons:Parking is a nightmare!
- In a nutshell:A unique experience - yet to be spoilt by mass tourism.
The selling point for this hotel is its location. We looked at all the other hotels in the Sassi and none beat this for... more travel advice
We thought we might explore the Sassi on our own. You can get a leaflet from the Tourist office. However we opted for a... more travel advice
Maidstoneman's Related Pages
Matera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A stoned city"
- "From Shameful Slum to UNESCO Seal of Approval"
- "The uniques sassis of Matera"
- "Matera - city of the sassi"
- "matera citta della "PASSIONE""
- "I Sassi di Matera"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Matera
- Hotels in Matera
- Transportation in Matera
- Restaurants in Matera
- Shopping in Matera
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matera
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Matera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matera
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Brighton Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matera Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Hamburg Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Nantes 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Edinburgh 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.