"Bethlehem - The Christmas City" Top 5 Page for this destination Bethlehem by Shabu
Bethlehem Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 93 photos
Bethlehem is a small but flourishing city and is known for it's rich colonial and industrial heritage.
One of my favorite places in Bethlehem is the Main Street area. It gives you a feeling of the past with it's tree lined streets, slate sidewalks, Victorian lamp posts, and sitting benches. There are numerous small shops where you can buy anything from clothing to art and some great little cafes to sit for a bite. It is nice to see that the city has restored a lot of the store fronts to add to the Victorian atmosphere.
Another area to see would be the "Avenue of the Artists" which is located on 3rd Street. There's a place called the Banana Factory which is home to craftsman, artists, and actors.
There is also Musikfest, a 10 day festival which happens every August since 1984. It features every type of music with more then 300 performers from all over the country. There are arts and crafts that you can buy from the local artists. If you're hungry, there is every kind of ethnic food available for you to eat. I've been to numerous festivals and have always enjoyed myself.
For me, one of the best times to see Bethehem is at Christmas. The whole city is lit up with thousands of lights and you can take tours through the city on a horse drawn carriage. An added bonus would for it to be snowing.
This little shop is full of original oils, limited edition prints and beautiful glass blown sculptures from local and... more travel advice
Shabu's Related Pages
Bethlehem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weekend in Bethlehem"
- "Bethlehem - The Christmas City"
- "Historic Old Bethlehem"
- "Steele Bethlehem after all these years...?!"
- "billus's new Bethlehem Page"
- "bebop88's new Bethlehem Page"
- "Marc's Bethlehem Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bethlehem
- Hotels in Bethlehem
- Transportation in Bethlehem
- Nightlife in Bethlehem
- Restaurants in Bethlehem
- Shopping in Bethlehem
- Warnings and Dangers in Bethlehem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bethlehem
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bethlehem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bethlehem
Top 10 Pages
- Santiago de Compostela Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nigrán Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bayona Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- La Guardia Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lugo Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Noia Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Oya Intro, 1 review, 9 photos
- Muros Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bethlehem Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos