"Bayona (Baiona), Spain" Bayona by Shabu
Bayona Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 51 photos
The town of Baiona is one of the most thriving tourist resorts in the province of Pontevedra. In and around Baiona you will discover many beaches on which you can enjoy the sunshine. These are Playa Ladeira, Santa Marta, Ribeira, Concheira, and Barbeira which are all crowed in the summer months. It is also a fishing village which has managed to maintain its ancient appearance. In addition to its excellent beaches and old quarter, Baiona has a magnificent fortress which has been converted into a 4 star Parador.
Baiona has an outstanding monumental and artistic heritage. It was also the first place in the Old World to learn of the discovery of America from one of Columbus' caravels, La Pinta, on April 1st, 1493, which anchored in the tiny bay.
A beautiful view of the Parador and the rocky shoreline just south of Baiona.
This is the main street in Baiona that winds around the waterfront and continues north to Vigo or south to A Guarda. On one side of the street you have the beautiful harbor and on the other numerous restaurants, hotels, panaderia's, and a variety of clothing, jewelry, and tourist type stores.
This 16th century fort was built to protect Baiona from its enemies and pirates. It was the perfect place to built... more travel advice
Written May 9, 2016
Fire in the hills
Written May 9, 2016
Pictures From Castillo de Monte Real
Shabu's Related Pages
Bayona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bayona (Baiona), Spain"
- "Baiona, Galiza, Espanha / Bayona, Galicia, Espa˝a"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayona
- 3 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Bayona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayona
Photos in BayonaSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Santiago de Compostela Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nigrßn Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bayona Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- La Guardia Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lugo Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Noia Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Oya Intro, 1 review, 9 photos
- Muros Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bethlehem Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos