"Large busy, warm and very modern city" Kuala Lumpur by mccrorj
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 5,996 reviews and 13,514 photos
KL is about an hour from the airport. First tip use the train. Its a far quicker option and it will deliver you to the heart of KL in a very few minutes. We didn't, and it took us some time to get into the city although our driver was a very pleasant gent who kept us up to date regarding sites of interest. The heat of the city was oppressive after penang indeed my 15yr old daughter was floored for the first twelve hours. We only had two days in the city and saw very little although some sites are woth making the effort for. I'm a bit of an anti shopping type but will say you must visit the times square mall, but more on that later in things to do. Food was the usual high quality although clearly more expensive that batu ferrenghi. Had frog in a little restaurant, unusual, and my wife is still not talking to me as she convinced I had ordered chicken and tucked in with gust. Still this speaks volumes about the taste.
- Pros:Modern, Lively reasonably compact good transport system
- Cons:Very hot and humid.
- In a nutshell:Needs more than two days to scratch the surface.
I hate shopping but this place is breath taking. I won't bore you with the details but if you like to shop I'm sure... more travel advice
mccrorj's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Berlin Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Dubai 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Peterborough Intro, 15 reviews, 2 photos
- Seoul 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Xian Shan Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Brunei Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Sandakan Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.