"New York New York" New York City by Pete.Gibson

New York City Travel Guide: 15,734 reviews and 31,545 photos

Empire State Building

My first visit to New York, Only for the day as i was on route home from Canada,I'm not realy a big city person so thought it was noise, dirty , and the people quite rude.
Maybe i need a second trip to have a good look around!! maybe i will then change my mind

Well just returned from my second look around, this time 5days and I must say i have well and truly changed my mind ,from my previous comments

Central park was such an oasis teeming with birds I was lucky enough to see the stunning Red Cardinal

Times square what a disapointment you can only get a good veiw by standing in the road and dodging the traffic........ But it came alive at night and so many good resturants to choose from completly spoilt for choice I would highly recommend staying at the Novotel on 52nd and Broadway and get a room overlooking Times square its worth the extra 20 dollars a night

• Last visit to New York City: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 6, 2006

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2005 at 4:53 AM

I tend to agree with you re: NY. However, if you take it in small doses and see specific things...you might enjoy.

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2005 at 2:39 AM

HI Pete, Your short trip to NYC enough to give you an accurate take on the place, I assure you. Even little old ladies will bump you right into the street if you don't mind your walking. Conditions are crowded! Doug (^_^)

Pete.Gibson

“Travel broadens the Mind and Waist”

Badges & Stats in New York City

Have you been to New York City?

Latest Activity in New York City