"Tajikistan" Top 5 Page for this destination Tajikistan by Pete.Gibson
Tajikistan Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 1,141 photos
Tajikistan is a country of quite outstanding beauty mostly covered by mountains, The pamir range stretches over much of its territory, most of its inhabitants however live in the valley regions many of which are self contained, it was one of the countries
Hardest hit after the Soviet Union collapse in 1991, and suffered years of civil war (1992-1997) after the end of Moscow rule. And then received financial help from the IMF, Russia and its neighbour Uzbekistan to help get it back on its feet, its now settled down and is relatively safe to visit. The People mainly Tajiks, are predominantly Sunni Muslins, and livestock rearing, cotton and silk production are the mainstay of its economy. When I visited I stayed over night in Dushambe the capital, and was somewhat surprised with its lack of history it has grown from a village in the early 1900s and is very European in style with wide tree lined avenues.
Mountain valleys, seeing as the country is 90% mountains the valleys are very furtile and where the majority of the... more travel advice
Russian Sign, seeing as the country was still under Soviiet rule when I last visited its not suprising to see this I... more travel advice
Pete.Gibson's Related Pages
Tajikistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tajikistan - gateway to the Pamirs :-))"
- "Tajikistan - pieces of a puzzle"
- "Tajikistan - a hospitable land"
- "THE CROSSROADS OF EMPIRES"
- "Tajikistan: Ancient Persia is Alive"
- "Forgotten Wonderland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tajikistan
- Hotels in Tajikistan
- Transportation in Tajikistan
- Nightlife in Tajikistan
- Restaurants in Tajikistan
- Shopping in Tajikistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Tajikistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tajikistan
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Tajikistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tajikistan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coventry Intro, 28 reviews, 76 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abidjan Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mysore Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Malatya Ili Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Gambia Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Uyuni Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue