"Ajaccio gem of Corsica" Top 5 Page for this destination Ajaccio by Pete.Gibson
Ajaccio Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 68 photos
First a little about the Island of corsica, its french territory, Its the third largest island in the western Mediterranean and is approx 180kl long by 80kl wide it has a very rugged coast line and offers great water sports such as sailing, diving and fishing and is best known as the birth place of Napoleon Bonaparte
So even today Corsica is a real cultral exception in france, its language and culture are different and this is seen in the corsiscan quisine which is rich in tradition with such delicacies as Bruccia a goats cheese, wild boar , coppa, lonzu; cold cuts of pork, and figatellu a pork liver sausage
Ajaccio's name comes from the roman Adjacium ( place of rest) and was known as a winter resting place for the shepards... more travel advice
Pete.Gibson's Related Pages
Ajaccio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of Corsica"
- "Ajaccio gem of Corsica"
- "Ajaccio, birthplace of Napoleon."
- "simply marvellous!"
- "Mediterranean Port Ajaccio, Corsica"
- "Birthplace of emperors, Visited by tourists"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ajaccio
- Hotels in Ajaccio
- Transportation in Ajaccio
- Restaurants in Ajaccio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ajaccio
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ajaccio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ajaccio
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coventry Intro, 28 reviews, 76 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abidjan Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mysore Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Malatya Ili Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Gambia Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Uyuni Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue