"Lake Titicaca" Lago Titicaca by Pete.Gibson
Lago Titicaca Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 370 photos
Lake Titicaca is one of the highest freshwater lakes in the world it is also deep with averge depths of over 150m and at its deepest about 280m . Its other than the sheer beauty of the place its probably best known for the Indians who live on the Uros which are nine artifical islands made from Reeds as the lower level rots they weave more reeds onto the top, you can take day trips from Puno
The lake has about 40 islands some of which are heavly populated, Lake Titicaca translates as Rock Puma because the shape is supposed to resemble a puma chasing a rabbit ! dont see it my self
Another island this time a different indigenous Indian Poeple the Taquile, famed for there high quality Handicrafts,... more travel advice
Take a trip out in one of the traditional reed boats ,made from the bouyant Totora reeds which grow around the lake... more travel advice
Pete.Gibson's Related Pages
Lago Titicaca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The highest lake and some islands"
- "Totora (3827m)"
- "Exploring Titicaca Lake"
- "Experience Lago Titicaca"
- "A photographer's paradise!"
- "Lake Titicaca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago Titicaca
- Hotels in Lago Titicaca
- Transportation in Lago Titicaca
- Nightlife in Lago Titicaca
- Restaurants in Lago Titicaca
- Shopping in Lago Titicaca
- Warnings and Dangers in Lago Titicaca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lago Titicaca
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Lago Titicaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago Titicaca
Photos in Lago TiticacaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coventry Intro, 28 reviews, 76 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abidjan Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mysore Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Malatya Ili Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Gambia Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Uyuni Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue