"Welcome to Pete's Travel pages" Pete.Gibson's Profile
Well I've finally got round to updating my home page, I've been traveling all my working career and have been lucky enough to visit many of the world’s major cities, of course once you have the travel bug then you just have to see more and more, so we try to take two or three vacations a year to visit those more of the beaten track places...........I intend to share all my memories and photos here on VT, if only i had more time to write them up and post them.
I've visited over 90 different countries........, met hundreds of fascinating people......, ate a myriad of different foods,.......immersed myself so many wonderful cultures, ........but still have a list as long as my arm of places i still want to see
I would love to hear about your exploits and opinions, so Happy Travelling wherever you may be
Coventry my hometown
Let me tell you a bit about Coventry, my home for the last 6 years, Its often bypassed by tourists for its more glamorous neighbours such as Warwick or Stratford upon Avon, which is a mistake as It is seeped in history and during medieval times was the 4th largest city in England, and arguably the best defended, The three bigger cities? London of course, Bristol and York.
Most of its beautiful buildings where destroyed when the city was extensively bombed during the second world war?The reason it was targeted was because of Coventry?s engineering excellence, which started back in the 1890?s when it was the cycle capital of the world, many of these manufacturers turned to motorcar production around the turn the century, Daimler where the first successful car manufacturer in Coventry, Over the years there has been 138 different car manufacturing companies in Coventry. In fact where my factory is now facing The modern new Coventry University Techno centre and business park, once stood the Deasy Motor car company which went on to become Armstrong Siddley and later Rolls Royce.
Other famous marques in Coventry include Jaguar, Riley, Daimler, Humber, Hillman and Alvis to name but a few.
I Well i've update my Goa pages ,I've been there twice once on a budget and once staying at a 5star Hotel. I enjoyed both If you are intending to visit have a look hopefully I have given you a glimpse and a flavor of life in Goa, Historic sites, local culture, Luxury resorts, nice beaches and above all wonderfull people.
Beijing has been Inhabited continuously for over 3000yrs and 34 emperors have ruled from here, its also home to the forbidden city and the worlds largest central square Tiananman square, there is also good access to the Ming tombs and the great wall with limited time I had to chose what I went to see, I chose The Temple of heaven and the great wall also a flying visit to the Ming Tombs
The Great Wall of China , most of the wall in the Beijing area dates from the Ming Destiny (1386 ? 1644) it successfully held back marauders for centuries and now is a must see for any tourist visiting Beijing,
Asuncion in Paraquay not top of everyones list, But i enjoyed it tranquillity also felt very safe there, would have liked to spend time exploring the country a bit more
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 285 Reviews
- 700 Photos
- 22 Countries
- 29 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- Wrote a Review Qaysari Bazaar in Arbil Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Qaysari Bazaar"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Pete's Travel pages"
- Commented on freya_heaven's profile page
- created a Arbil Travel Page "Arbil or Erbil, either is fine"
- Pete.Gibson and freya_heaven are now friends.
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: enquiry"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coventry Intro, 28 reviews, 76 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abidjan Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mysore Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Malatya Ili Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Gambia Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Uyuni Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22165 Reviews - 53882 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23062 Reviews - 47262 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4464 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7633 Reviews - 19478 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos