"MY MI MIA MIAMI, MAMMAMIA" Miami by schurlif
Miami Travel Guide: 1,279 reviews and 3,026 photos
I wouldn't say that I have been frequently to Miami, but I can recall at least 10 times that I was there... first time in 1969 when my cruise ship coming from Europe docked here for a whole afternoon. A few times I just changed the plane on my way to the Dominican Republic ( coming from , going to São Paulo ). Usually the connecting flight to Puerto Plata was like 8 hours later, so I just booked into the airport hotel to get a few hours sleep. Other times I stayed a couple of days in a hotel in Miami Beach, exploring the neighborhood, eating occasionally in a Cuban restaurant or at Denny´s before heading either for Disneyworld or a Florida roadtrip with wife and kids ( Everglades, Cape Kennedy, Bush Gardens and more )....
Last year (2010) a friend of mine from Austria who lives now in Miami invited me to visit him, so I did in August, for 11 days, this time Miami being my actual destination.
Gosh, how happy and relieved am I when I see my destination from the plane's bulleye after an endless and sleepless long haul flight !!
This time I took some pics, that's how happy I was to know that we'll be landing in less than 5 minutes........
I still didn't take too many pictures but rather videoclips with my Sony DSC, in which I comment in Portuguese to send back home to Brazil, so I don't know if it has much sense to upload any.... I'll see.....
I dined in many excellent restaurants this time but can hardly remember the name of any.... Let alone the adresses...... I had a rented car and criss crossed from Bal Harbour to downtown to South Beach to Aventura Best Buy and Aventura Shopping Mall where I sacked ( and paid good money ) a gigantic Victoria's Secret outlet....
This time I even dipped in the Atlantic which I had never done before in Miami ( in Brazil all the time...).
I also ate at my indispensable little Cuban restaurant and Denny's, a don't miss for me when in Southern Florida..... My friend took me on a ride on his boat, my camera got wet, I got wet and we stopped at a waterside little restaurant where I had excellent Cajun deep fried shrimps with cole slaw.....
You must understand, all this is fun and specially great for someone who doesn't live in the USA.... Every once in a while I need a treat the way I like it.....
In April this year I'm back to the US (SSR ), this time in the west....
- Pros:Hilariously cheap electronics, lotta things to do....
- Cons:way too f*****g hot and humid for me in August...
- In a nutshell:Lots of fun for the tourist who knows what to do....
Lincoln Road in South beach, an indispensable place to visit while in Miami.... Elegant and diversified shops... more travel advice
Try to spend some time in this area, full of shops, restaurant, malls and very chic...... Here just a few views of the... more travel advice
schurlif's Related Pages
Miami Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "UNdER CONSTRUCTION - CHECK BACK LATER"
- "Miami - Escape from Winter Weather"
- "miami florida"
- "cobrioc's Miami Beach Florida Page"
- "MIAMI: ALWAYS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART"
- "M I A M I"
- "Best city in the US"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miami
- Hotels in Miami
- Transportation in Miami
- Nightlife in Miami
- Restaurants in Miami
- Shopping in Miami
- Warnings and Dangers in Miami
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miami
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Miami?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miami
Photos in MiamiSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sosúa Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo Intro, 44 reviews, 195 photos
- Egypt Intro, 21 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 27 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos
- Ilhéus Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos
- Ubatuba Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- Manaus Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonito Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos