"FIRST STOP , MACEIO" Estado de Alagoas by schurlif
Estado de Alagoas Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 220 photos
Maceio , the capital of the state of Alagoas is an extremely nice and modern city , with endless beaches and sun . My (adopted) eldest son Emanuel Adam was born there 20 years ago.... And the corruptest of all Brazilian Presidents comes from here , Fernando Collor.....
Walking along the beach sidewalk at Praia da Ponte Verde and Praia Jatioca ( the ones I know ) , you will be pleasently surprised at the variety of beach front restaurants and kiosks and barracks offering local food , like tapioca on the griddle with butter or grated coconut or "doce de leite" , sweet condensed , pasty , brown milk. Others , dressed as "Lampiao and Maria Bonita", he the leader of the rebel ( and criminal ) Cangaceiro gang , who brought terror and death to the Northeastern Sertao but are revered as folk heroes, will also sell local food. In the restaurants I used to drink each evening a small glass of condensed but fresh fish soup..... Sorry , forgot the name....(sururu.... or something similar...)
Here's a map kind of propaganda with suggestions for tourists how they can spend their time , many great options....
Must have been like ten years ago when we ( my ex-wife and I ) made a four city tour..... First one was Maceio ( then Recife , Natal and Fortaleza..)
and I had insited with the travel agent that we would stay in the Melia hotel in Maceio, which is located on Jatioca beach. I'm a big fan of Melia hotels , especially as I have invested in one here in Sao Paulo. Well , here a pamphlet of the hotel , ten years ago....
Travelling with just my ex wife was more relaxed but not so intense as with the group in 2002....
Just to give this short story the cherry on the cake , here's me at the pool of the Melia..... In those days I really still insisted in traveling luxury style...., today I prefer the adventure and I take whatever may come along my way.....
which is basically not very logical because I'm in the age bracket now when most people want it comfortable and not act like a 20+ year old ...
But so what ? I like it this way now....... But at times I also exaggerate ( if you want to read about how and where , look at my two "Take a trip along the river" tips on my Manaus page......)
- Pros:Bristling , dynamic , modern city with lots of charm and much to offer
- Cons:There's nothing "wronger" here than in any other brazilian city
- In a nutshell:Sun , beaches , crystal clear water , coconut trees , what else..?
Well , to finish this and Alagoas off , the cliffs , this time for real , with my Camilinha as perfect... more travel advice
40 km or so up ( that means north) of Maceio is Barra de Santo Antonio which has been seeing quite some tourism and... more travel advice
schurlif's Related Pages
Estado de Alagoas Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Estado de Alagoas
- Hotels in Estado de Alagoas
- Transportation in Estado de Alagoas
- Nightlife in Estado de Alagoas
- Restaurants in Estado de Alagoas
- Shopping in Estado de Alagoas
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Alagoas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Alagoas
- 6 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Estado de Alagoas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Alagoas
Photos in Estado de AlagoasSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sosúa Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo Intro, 44 reviews, 195 photos
- Egypt Intro, 21 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 27 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos
- Ubatuba Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- Manaus Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonito Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos