"BONITO BONITO" Top 5 Page for this destination Bonito by schurlif
Bonito Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 89 photos
Bonito is bonito in the real sense of the word , meaning : beautifull.....
And if you visit Pantanal you cannot , you must not miss Bonito because it's right "next door" to the South... It's a romantic, wild and adventurous place and I spent a few wonderful and busy days there , descending into caves , visiting a phenomenon where the land suddenly collapsed and left a "big round hole" ( see picture ) which was taken over by wild red green macaws ( never seen so many in one spot ) , scuba diving in one river , letting the current of the other river take me downstream while snorkeling and observing monster fish , some of them about 1meter long , visiting many of the most beautifull waterfalls ( they're all over ) and also having dinner at various nice restaurants , slurping occasionally my piranha soup.... ( just a fish soup anyway....). Camila went further and ate jacare..... not my type of food but supposedly tasting like chicken....
One big attraction is this cave , the "Blue Lake Cave" that goes down deep into the rocks and features a lake lit by sunlight way down at the bottom.....
The descent is somewhat precarious , the ascent exhausting but this is what Bonito is about too.... Keeping or getting you fit and in form......
As mentioned before , water sports just as scuba diving , snorkeling , swimming in rivers , jumping from branches high up in the trees into the river below ( jumping from about 10 meters high...) , taking showers under waterfalls and more are Bonitos great attractions.... We were there in July ( that's winter here ) but the water temperatures were just right and all the rivers cristal clear and clean..... With extremely good vision.....
A place I can only recommend and where I'll visit again for sure.....
- Pros:Lots of activities , great landscape and flora
- Cons:Thinking hard..... No cons.. the place is almost perfect
- In a nutshell:A little paradise , gentle nature , great waters
I have to admit straight from the beginning that I passed on this one..... I wasn't into much of a good form that... more travel advice
Here we go ... or rather here he comes...... Mr. Alligator going out for brunch....... he seems to be good humored... more travel advice
schurlif's Related Pages
Bonito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BONITO-MUCH MORE THAN BEAUTIFUL"
- "BONITO BONITO"
- "Beautiful Bonito where the waters run clear"
- "Bonito, means Beautiful"
- "Bonito = Beautiful = Belle"
- "Muito Bonito!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bonito
- Hotels in Bonito
- Transportation in Bonito
- Restaurants in Bonito
- Warnings and Dangers in Bonito
- See All...
Explore the World
- Denali National Park and Preserve Hotels
- Patricks Point State Park Hotels
- Province of Quebec Hotels
- Porto Ercole
- Bad Schandau
- Kampong Bagan Ajam Hotels
- Harris Beach State Park Hotels
- Tughlakabad Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bonito
- 6 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Bonito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bonito
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sosúa Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo Intro, 44 reviews, 195 photos
- Egypt Intro, 21 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 27 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos
- Ubatuba Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- Manaus Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonito Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos