"CAMPINAS, A SHORT 90 KM FROM SÃO PAULO DISTANCE" Top 5 Page for this destination Campinas by schurlif
Campinas Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 75 photos
Campinas is the second largest city in the State of São Paulo with about 1.5 million inhabitants about 90 km north of São Paulo city right in the tropics…. I’m sorry but I can’t recall the names of the street or the cathedral but this place is easy to find, the central cathedral of Campinas, which is situated in the most commercial area of Campinas' center.
Even though because of its geographical size and inhabitants Campinas must be considered a major metropolitan center, the city itself is rather dormant, slow, a little backward and hilly billy…. Which is not really something bad… but it definitely is not a destination for foreign tourists. People here make big eyes and get really curious when they hear me speaking fluent Portuguese but with an Arnold Schwarzenegger type of accent. What makes Campinas and every other city in the “interior” (= all the “inside” of the State excluding São Paulo and an about 40km wide strip along Brasils coastline ) different from the states capital is that it is friendlier, cheaper, calmer, safer, greener and healthier to live in…..
It took me 20 years to realize this until I made the right move…. 80 km from São Paulo means only 1 hour by car to the big city ( 10 minutes to Campinas ) but not having to stay there all the time….. Living in the “interior” is uncomparable to the São Paulo madness and chaos…… Even though I live in an almost rural and very quiet and green area, I have cinemas, shopping malls and fine restaurants in Campinas at 10-15 minutes drive away....
- Pros:infrastructure, cheap, easy going, friendly
- Cons:nothing really except the big city crap but in milder version
- In a nutshell:the next best thing to São Paulos mega-everything if you want to live in SP state
The only indian restaurant in a radius of 100km ( that's about how far São Paulo is away ), I luckily discovered this... more travel advice
I could have mentioned this tip just as well in the categories "nightlife", "what to do" or "off the beaten path" but... more travel advice
schurlif's Related Pages
Campinas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Campinas, São Paulo"
- "CAMPINAS, A SHORT 90 KM FROM SÃO PAULO DISTANCE"
- "Railway Preservation in Campinas"
- "When I was a boy..."
- "The city where I choose to live"
- "Campinas, SP Brasil"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Campinas
- Hotels in Campinas
- Transportation in Campinas
- Nightlife in Campinas
- Restaurants in Campinas
- Shopping in Campinas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Campinas
- 5 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Campinas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Campinas
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: How can an inbox message just..."
- Commented on one of schurlif's Campinas tips
- Wrote a Review A GEM AMONG MAINSTREAM FARE in Campinas Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "A GEM AMONG MAINSTREAM FARE"
- updated a Campinas Travel Page "CAMPINAS, A SHORT 90 KM FROM SÃO PAULO DISTANCE"
Photos in CampinasSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sosúa Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo Intro, 44 reviews, 195 photos
- Egypt Intro, 21 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 27 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilhéus Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos
- Ubatuba Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- Manaus Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonito Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos