"THE KOK" Bangkok by hientonkin

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,366 reviews and 23,038 photos

Greetings in Thai Style

First time to Thailand, alone for New Year( it's unsual with a Viet girl travelling alone in - at least - Asians' eyes). Actually, I didnt come alone, but would meet up with my friends in Bangkok the day after.

Run away from the cold of Hanoi, and be sexy in colourful dress in Bangkok. I think it would be fun to greet a New Year here. But BOMBS made my plan broken.

Impression : Go-go bars - None in Vietnam, so this is really new for me, or , in another words, SHOCK.

Coming home safely and couldnt forget a sleepless Bangkok with too many bars, girls, and lady-boys....

Long live the King!

The King is everywhere, on the calendar, in the taxi, on the streets, inside every house.... I asked the taxi driver " How old is the King, and he said : " I dont know " " ^^

Happy cat

......I wish I could bring this cat home, but he's so big ....

• Last visit to Bangkok: Jan 2007
  • Intro Written Jan 11, 2007

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2008 at 7:02 PM

Bangkok has a lot of stuff that we would think shouldnt be there or better without!so Ive not really been to see it. but theres always good in amongst the notso good. Happy Birthday to you today!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2007 at 10:51 AM

we stayed at the same place and had the same impression: too many go-go bars. :-)

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2007 at 8:10 AM

Wide-eyed in BKK

• jrs1234's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2007 at 4:11 AM

Nice pictures - cheers!

hientonkin

“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok