"Viva Las Vegas Baby!" Las Vegas by AVG2319
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,553 reviews and 17,704 photos
When you enter Nevada (from Arizona) you will drive through winding mountains, cross the impressive Hoover Dam and wind around some more mountain regions-everything is for the most part brown or earth toned with scraggly bushes and shrubs scattered about-far less cacti than on the Arizona side.
Thankfully they just completed the bridge over Hoover Dam. It is very impressive!
When you come down that last big hill you can see the City of Las Vegas with the smog in the distance. You drive past these,down the freeway and then onto "the Strip". If you come during the day somehow this strip is not as impressive as you would have thought-lots of hotels as far as the eye can see,tons of people,cabs, and palm trees line the BLVD. If you come from the airport-that part of Vegas is even less impressive in my opinion. But wait! When night falls it is impressive-it is what they show on TV.
Everything "comes alive" here at night and for a city scene the lights are beautiful. Walking into the hotels can be a sensory overload here,but that is the fun of Vegas.There are plenty of "free" things to do-mainly sightsee, as well as shows,dinners,drinking,and gambling which are not so cheap.
We have been here several times. Las Vegas is an interesting city. It is congested, not any cooler than Phoenix and filled with tourists. But it is one of the places to visit at least once in a lifetime. As much as they try to make things easier and more appealing for families to come here on vacation-I say leave the kids at home for this trip. Vegas is a lot more fun without the kids.
Best Views, IMO, from the top of Paris Hotel is stunning at night, Stratosphere has really good views as well.
- Pros:Party 24/7
- Cons:Need a vacation to recover
Get out of the city and see the beautiful desert 'scape' The Joshua Tree is the largest of the yuccas and it is the... more travel advice
Jousting and Dinner! Features jousting, invading armies, dragons, fire-wizards, and a banquet served in true medieval,... more travel advice
AVG2319's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 12 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 29 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phoenix Intro, 32 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Colorado Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Arizona Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Payson Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 6 travelogues
- Wisconsin Intro, 21 reviews, 11 photos
- Houston Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
No friends yet.