"Denver Mile High City" Denver by AVG2319
Denver Travel Guide: 1,020 reviews and 1,790 photos
Denver is the largest city in the state, so the hub of most of the activity. Has some great views of the Rockies and there are several very nice parks near the lakes around the city.
While some people consider just the city proper-Denver, in my opinion, is made of all the surrounding suburbs: Westminster, Thornton to the north, Aurora to the East, Cherry Creek to the South, and Golden, Morrison,Lakewood to the West. And of course further West you'll find many ski resorts.
Boulder is really not a suburb it is good distance NW of the city. Fort Collins further north yet
Castle Rock is south of Denver on the way to Colorado Springs
If you want to see all the state has to offer, plan on either driving a lot or stay in one area for awhile and then stay in another. It is not possible to see everything here in a one week vacation, so pick the spots you really want to see and come again another time!
If at all possible, take a drive to Colorado Springsor "the Springs" as the locals call it. Beautiful natural tourist attractions can be found there. Aprox. 2 hours south of Denver. Colorado Springs is a vacation spot in itself, but if you can only visit the state once try and fit a day spent in "Springs"
- Pros:Amazing State!
- Cons:Weather is Completely Unpredictable!
- In a nutshell:Amazing-Not enough time to see it all in one trip!
Well I had to go to this, since I have always been fascinated by the sinking of the Titanic in 1912. She was of course... more travel advice
While I wouldn't call this a must see, if you are visiting Red Rock park (which you should while here) stop by and see... more travel advice
AVG2319's Related Pages
Denver Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Queen City of the Plains"
- "Denver: The Mile High City"
- "A Path to the West Over one Big Mountain Range"
- "Denver, Colorado --- The Mile High City"
- "Urbane Mecca of the Rocky Mountains"
- "Denver, Colorado"
- "Denver the beautiful (or at least friendly)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denver
- Hotels in Denver
- Transportation in Denver
- Nightlife in Denver
- Restaurants in Denver
- Shopping in Denver
- Warnings and Dangers in Denver
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denver
- 14 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Denver?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denver
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 29 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phoenix Intro, 32 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Colorado Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Arizona Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Payson Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 6 travelogues
- Wisconsin Intro, 21 reviews, 11 photos
- Houston Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
No friends yet.