"Our Dream Vacation" Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai by AVG2319
Kauai Travel Guide: 980 reviews and 2,612 photos
WORK In Progress
I have always always wanted to visit Hawaii, so when the opportunity finally arrived I spent an incredible amount of time deciding which island to visit. We finally decided on Kauai-The Garden Island! And we were not disappointed. Hawaii is everything you expect: mountains, tons of ocean beaches, lush foliage, blue skies, warm tropical tradewinds. Gorgeous!
We arrived on the island of Kauai on our 12th Anniversary. We landed late afternoon in what appears as a field at first glance. Very different from landing in Honolulu. There were no tall buildings, actually no buildings can be seen while landing.
We picked up our luggage and rental car and headed straight to the guest house we rented as we had dinner reservations. We were staying in Kalaheo, so from Lihue we headed west on Kuhio Highway. There are very few roads on Kauai, so it is easy to become familiar with them after awhile. The grasses on the side of the highway are very high, so little can be seen on the drive from Lihue to Kalaheo. In a couple areas there are clearings where you can see mountains, otherwise it is like driving in the country. The guesthouse we stayed at was located down a very narrow (one car width) road going up. It was nestled in a lush foliage.
The windows were always open, so we woke around 6 am every morning to the sounds of birds (kind of like the CD's you buy at the store) and of course roosters crowing. Which is fine by us, we didn't come to Hawaii to sleep anyway.
Kauai has tons of roosters running around. When we were there the were lots of baby chicks too. We were told they now outnumber the population on the island.
The Na Pali Coast is absolutely beautiful. See it by air or by sea, but if you visit Kauai this is a view you don't want to miss. The colors are outstanding as only nature can provide, The greens,the red dirt,the sand, and the various blues in the water-the Na Pali coast is really an awesome sight to see.
- Pros:Weather,People, Beauty Everywhere
- Cons:Vacation doesn't last forever.
- In a nutshell:"Nani" Beautiful! Thanks for the memories
I am a real sucker for soaps and good smelling candles. This shop is located in Kapaa right at the end. It is filled... more travel advice
This restaurant is special for one reason- Atmosphere! We chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner for this... more travel advice
AVG2319's Related Pages
Kauai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise on Earth!"
- "Kauai: Isle of Golden Dreams"
- "Our Dream Vacation"
- "HEAVEN ON EARTH"
- "Kauai: Unspoiled beauty"
- "Kauai in a word "Paradise""
- "Kauai - The Garden Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kauai
- Hotels in Kauai
- Transportation in Kauai
- Nightlife in Kauai
- Restaurants in Kauai
- Shopping in Kauai
- Warnings and Dangers in Kauai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kauai
- 29 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Kauai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kauai
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kauai Intro, 29 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phoenix Intro, 32 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Colorado Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Arizona Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Payson Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 6 travelogues
- Wisconsin Intro, 21 reviews, 11 photos
- Houston Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
No friends yet.