Union Territory of Delhi Hotel Tips by NYTim Top 5 Page for this destination
Union Territory of Delhi Hotels: 5 reviews and 14 photos
The view from the roof of MPGH
MPGH is in the New Rajainder Colony in New Delhi. It is quite short walk from the chaos of the city streets and a metro ride from the city center at Connought Circle. The owners, Ushi and Avni, go out of their way to make visitors feel welcome. On arrival you are greeted with a nice cold drink and then then shown to your room. The guest house has five or six rooms -- three on the roof and the others down stairs. The rooftop rooms are more sociable as the common area is out side with chairs and tables arranged tastefully. Down stairs the rooms have semi private balconies with a small table and two comfy chairs. I preferred the upstairs as it was easier to mingle with the other guests.
The rooms are spotless and tastefully appointed with Indian artifacts. The bathrooms and showers are shared but I never had to wait more than a few minutes to use them. One little word of warning -- when using the toilet the waste tissue is deposited in a little can, with a lid, that sits beside the toilet bowl. Other than that, no worries. Breakfast, dinner and snacks are available on request as are water and soft drinks.
Taxis to restaurants -- a must at night in Delhi -- pick you up, wait until you finish your meal, and return you to the house for a cost of 450 rs approx $5.50.
The Metro station -- Karol Bagh is a 15 minute walk or a five minute, 20 rs, rickshaw ride from MPGH.
I did not use their travel services but those who I spoke to said they were very happy with the arrangements. For the budget minded traveler or even those well heeled people, this is a fantastic place.
Unique Qualities: It is in a quiet residential street a few minutes from the chaos of the Shanker Road. From the rooftop, I saw birds, monkeys and i watched the children, in the morning ,walk to the nearby school. There are shops, banks and food markets withing walking distance.
Address: Bock 500. New Rajainder Colony, New Delhi
Comparison: about average
Directions: The MPGH is in suburb of Delhi and not close to any of the major sites. However metro and taxi service can provide swift transportation to any of these places.
More Reviews (5)
NYTim's Related Pages
Union Territory of Delhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Delhi - A City Full of History and Monuments"
- "DELHI - CITIES UPON CITIES"
- "Wow what a place, disgustingly beautiful."
- "The Capital City of India"
- "National Capital region"
- "OLD DELHI"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Union Territory of Delhi
- Hotels in Union Territory of Delhi
- Transportation in Union Territory of Delhi
- Nightlife in Union Territory of Delhi
- Restaurants in Union Territory of Delhi
- Shopping in Union Territory of Delhi
- Warnings and Dangers in Union Territory of Delhi
- See All...
Explore the World
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
- Hotel Del Prado
- Hotel Athens Gate
- Best Western Hotel Mondschein
- Comfort Hotel Lamarck
- Surfers Plaza Resort
- Ilala Lodge
- Renaissance Sapporo
- Hotel Occidental Gran Capitan
- Rising Dragon II Hotel
- El Balcon
- Quality Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Roanokerpds
- Calipso Hotel
Badges & Stats in Union Territory of Delhi
- 17 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 80 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Union Territory of Delhi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Union Territory of Delhi
Read real reviews about Union Territory of Delhi Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- New Delhi Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Hue Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Delhi Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Da Lat Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Agra Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos