"A Da Lat break" Da Lat by NYTim
Da Lat Travel Guide: 249 reviews and 798 photos
We took the Sinh Tourist bus from Saigon to Da Lat. I was a five hour journey with a couple of scheduled stops in between. The trip took about four hours. The scenery, after we left the plains around Ho CHi Minh City became quite mountainous. Our driver drove like a loony through these torturous mountain passes.
Da Lat has the best truly Asian feeling market in all of Vietnam. Few tourists, but mainly locals going about their daily business. All kinds of live wildlife is sold here along with candies, clothing and just about anything else a Dalation might need.
We toured Da Lat starting early in the morning. It is really quite tacky. In caves around these fantastic waterfalls are a myriad of plastic tigers, elephants and other species.
- Pros:Nice and cool at night. Less frenetic than the rest of Vietnam.
- Cons:It is quite a tacky place
- In a nutshell:I am glad I visited but I would not go back.
My friends were craving Western food after 11 days of Asian repasts. V was right across the street from out hotel. We... more travel advice
These waterfalls were spectacular and well worth seeing more travel advice
NYTim's Related Pages
Da Lat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Da Lat"
- "Da Lat High Country"
- "A Highland Paradise"
- "Still not sure about this City"
- "Da Lat."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Da Lat
- Hotels in Da Lat
- Transportation in Da Lat
- Nightlife in Da Lat
- Restaurants in Da Lat
- Shopping in Da Lat
- Warnings and Dangers in Da Lat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Da Lat
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Da Lat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Da Lat
Top 10 Pages
- New Delhi Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Hue Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Delhi Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Da Lat Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Agra Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Haifa Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
Latest Da Lat hotel reviews