"Dumaguete City" Dumaguete City by rich_celine
Dumaguete City Travel Guide: 213 reviews and 537 photos
Dumaguete, capital of Negros Oriental, is known for the genteel, cerebral ambience exemplified by its most famous institution, Silliman University. Founded nearly a century ago, the Protestant-run school's academic influence permeates the city. Visit the Silliman Anthropological Museum for an insight into life during ancient times. Displays include limestone burial jars, Chinese porcelain and artifacts used by the sorcerers fo Siquijor.
But Dumaguete is also known for her natural charms. Beneath its calm waters is a spectacular marine world of coral reefs and neon-colored fish, easily accessible from nearby dive sites at Apo, Sumilon and Siquijor islands. Whale and dolphin watching can also be enjoyed at Bais Bay.
Dolphin Hotel De Bais has 14 exquisite rooms with individual air-condition, private toilet and bath. Situated at the... more travel advice
rich_celine's Related Pages
Dumaguete City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dumaguete - City of Gentle People"
- "Went for a few days and spent five months!"
- "Melting Pot"
- "Dumaguete, indeed the City of Gentle People"
- "Dumaguete City as a Hometown"
- "A Tribute to the City of Gentle People"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dumaguete City
- Hotels in Dumaguete City
- Transportation in Dumaguete City
- Nightlife in Dumaguete City
- Restaurants in Dumaguete City
- Shopping in Dumaguete City
- Warnings and Dangers in Dumaguete City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dumaguete City
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Dumaguete City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dumaguete City
Top 5 Pages
- Olongapo City Intro, 30 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- Dumaguete City Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 3 photos
- Iloilo Intro, 3 photos