"Frischauf mein Bad'ner Land!" Villingen-Schwenningen by rabbit
Villingen-Schwenningen Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 115 photos
This medievial town happens to being my hometown now since more than 20 years - and I still like it very much.
I love the nearby black forest that gives you the opportunity to feel like being on holiday whenever you want and I like the little evening stroll along the Brigach, one of the Danube's offspring-rivers.
I pity the way this once prosperous and rich town is bleeding out now - the city looks neat and nice, but tends to being sterile and cold more and more. It lacks the once numerous little shops - it's getting easier to buy four different mobile phones now in the town center than a bottle of milk and there are a lot of people who seem to think that no one has the right to live and rest in the middle of town as long as others have money and time to party...
But still Villingen is a nice little town to visit!
- Pros:landscape, beautiful old houses, town wall, pretty dome
- Cons:no more individual little shops, poor public transport system
- In a nutshell:On the threshold between beautiful past and poor future
rabbit's Related Pages
Villingen-Schwenningen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fastnacht in Villingen"
- "Villingen and more..."
- "Villingen, not Schwenningen"
- "Frischauf mein Bad'ner Land!"
- "Villingen-Schwenningen 2010"
- "such a beautiful city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Villingen-Schwenningen
- Hotels in Villingen-Schwenningen
- Nightlife in Villingen-Schwenningen
- Restaurants in Villingen-Schwenningen
- Warnings and Dangers in Villingen-Schwenningen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Villingen-Schwenningen
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Villingen-Schwenningen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villingen-Schwenningen
Photos in Villingen-SchwenningenSee All Photos (1)
Top 5 Pages
- Munich Intro, 14 reviews
- Ireland Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 12 reviews
- Germany Intro, 9 reviews
No friends yet.