"DADIZELE" Dadizele by wandeljp

Dadizele Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 99 photos

View from the park

We live here till 2000 and we enjoy it !

We have here anything to be happy.

Beautiful nature, nice town, good friends, all accommodations,...

-oooOOOooo-

Nous vivons ici depuis janvier 2000 et nous nous y sentons très bien !

Nous y avons tout trouver pour être heureux.

Belle nature, jolies maisons, bons amis, et tout les services,...

Old town hall

The old town house was restored in 2005 and is now a place of encounters for various associations.

She is situated to less than 100 meters of our house.

-oooOOOooo-

L'ancienne maison communale a été restaurée en 2005 et est maintenant un endroit de rencontres pour diverses associations.

Elle est située à moins de 100 mètres de notre maison.

Basilica

The basilica Our Lady of the immaculate conception attracts throughout the year many pilgrims.

In fact Dadizele is since the 14th century a pilgrimage place.

The current structure dates back to 1860-1878

The crypt, to the heart of the basilica, contain the tombs of the knight Jan of Dadizele (+1481) and of Catharina Breydel

-oooOOOooo-

La basilique Notre Dame de l'immaculée conception attire tout au long de l'année de nombreux pèlerins.

En effet Dadizele est depuis le 14éme siècle un lieu de pèlerinage.

L'édifice actuel date de 1860-1878

La crypte, au coeur de la basilique, renferme les tombeaux du chevalier Jan de Dadizele (+1481) et de Catharina Breydel

-oooOOOooo-

• Pros:all accommodations
  • Cons:can be a little bit noisy somtimes.
  • In a nutshell:Good quiete place to live
  • Last visit to Dadizele: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 14, 2011

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Lovely little page about your hometown. It looks like you already hosted quite a few interesting guests at your home through couchsurfing and hospitalityclub. Well done.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2012 at 3:59 AM

J'aime vous ecrivez enle francais

Je l'aime vous écrivez dans le français

Well I do not get 100%...but I am pleased with the verb!

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Thanks for visiting my page. I enjoy reading and knowing this beautiful town with the stunning Basilica.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2011 at 2:16 AM

What a lovely place to live! That basilica is stunning, and I was very interested by all the First World War history associated with the town. Thank you for sharing :-)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Hello, Jean-Pierre! I see it's such a beautiful place to visit... I would like to pay a visit some day!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Oh my. I may never look at a water pump the same again...wonderful tips. Hey...didn't you have a birthday last year? Keep having birthdays may be bad for your health...Have a great one.

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2009 at 4:10 AM

How lovely that you warmly open up your house to vt travellers! Your home city looks very nice, lovely old buildings and scenery-I may just have to pay you a visit one day!

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Hi Jean-Pierre - enjoyed your page and I love witlof with ham...... will try and head your way later in the year!!!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Wow to say Ive now been here and tried and tested all your tips and theyre all true and 5 star! Even to meeting the pumpshiter! Thanks so much JP and Rosa - and not just for the Triple Karmeliet....!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2009 at 2:19 AM

That free hotel sounds good! LOL Wish I could join the VT meet, but I recently lost my job so I'm not sure how much traveling I'll be doing over the next while....

wandeljp Visits Here Frequently!

wandeljp

“Always walking against”

Badges & Stats in Dadizele

Have you been to Dadizele?

Latest Activity in Dadizele