"In the neighbourhood of the born place of the Saxo" Top 5 Page for this destination Dinant by wandeljp

Dinant Travel Guide: 153 reviews and 344 photos

The land of the Valleys

Who knows me a little bit, knows also that I don't be a "normal" tourist.
I visit a country first with my friends, my feet's, my eyes and my belly.

Enjoy it,

Jean-Pierre

---oooOOOooo---

Qui me connais un peu, sais que je ne suis pas un touriste "normal".

Je visite une région premièrement accompagné d'amis, à pieds puis mes yeux et enfin mon ventre (ah, ah)

Beaucoup de plaisir,

Jean-Pierre.

On the road again.

We did about 20 km in one of the most beautiful Belgian countryside . The rivers here has Lesse and Meuse as name.

We started from Foy-Notre-Dame to Anseremme for a wonderful walk along the long distance footpath "GR 126"

---oooOOOooo---

Nous avons parcourus 20 km dans un des plus beau paysage de Belgique. Les rivières ici ont pour nom: Lesse et Meuse.

Partis de Foy-Notre-Dame pour une magnifique randonnée le long du Grande Randonnée 126 pour arrivés en fin de journée à Anseremme

An other castle

In the valley of the river Lesse, we came along the amazing Walzin castle.

You can read more about on one of my tips: "Things to do ".

---oooOOOooo---

Dans le creux de la vallée de la Lesse, nous sommes passés au pied du prestigieux château de Walzin.

Vous pouvez lire plus à ce sujet dans les "tips" rubrique "Things to do ".

---oooOOOooo---

• Pros:Beautiful part of the Ardennes
  • Cons:Not so much accomodations on our way
  • In a nutshell:Take time to walk
  • Last visit to Dinant: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 16, 2008

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2010 at 8:41 PM

This town looks quite interesting.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2009 at 10:51 PM

~ Hello, Jean-Pierre, mon amis! Your pages show great places in your country! Merci!

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Mais quelles belles photos du château de Walzin et du Rocher Bayard!Poilvache... un chantier qui n'avance pas, il me semble. Belle page, Jean-Pierre!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2008 at 12:28 PM

I enjoyd visitg Dinant a few yrs back-esp visiting the fortress above.Unfortunately didnt know about Leffe museum- mustve been b4 my appreciation of that lovely blond belgian beer!thanx for yr tips just the way i like to be a not so usual tourist as well!

• Jan 3, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Hi again! The gardens of the castle used to be be open during April for a week or so-to the public. I wish I would have known this before my trip:( thank you for your info page-it's great!Wish I would have seen it before my trip too!

• himalia11's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Very nice! And so much interesting castles! I remember we wanted to visit Poilvache, but somehow didn't find it...

• yellowbell's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 8:09 PM

Thanks for the bday greeting. Looking forward to making Belgium as the jump off point to France. I havent seen castles in real life. Jing

• tessy's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2006 at 4:52 AM

I love your motto on that page! Great!!!

• mariev's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2006 at 2:46 AM

J'étais venue grimper à Freyr il y a quelques années (si je me souviens bien le café en haut des voies est le Chamonix bar) C'est vraiment un endroit superbe !

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2006 at 7:05 AM

Kayaking sounds like a great idea. The Meuse River looks beautiful. Seems strange to see that one castle high above the cliff, and know it's privately owned. Must take a lot of power to heat that place.

wandeljp