"City in the Avesnois" Avesnes-sur-Helpe by wandeljp
Avesnes-sur-Helpe Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 41 photos
Avesnes is situeted in the South of the "Departement du Nord"
The city belongs to the regional natural park of the Avesnois .
The landscape is nice and remenber a littlebit the low hills of Normandie.
We where there only one day walking and looking around. I must say that every one enjoyed the tour. And , we where lukky: it was beautiful weather on this september 24th 2006.
We visited the city center and sow different interesting buildings. Have a look on the differents tips and you'll be surprise wich little "treasure" you can find here.
We walked 20 km around Avesnes, looking around en discover the countryside.
We followed the circuit of the mills. Along the way we saw no more than four mills, out of activity but so beautiful in the landscape!
- Pros:Beautiful city and wonderful countryside.
- Cons:the prices (for beer and other things) are higher of in Belgium
- In a nutshell:A area where I feel good !
Wel known inhabitants The current presbytery occupies a whole of picturesque constructions, ennoblies by the two blue... more travel advice
Restorations End XIX ème century had brought a generalized painting of the frontages. Lately an important programme... more travel advice
Written Sep 30, 2006
Avesnois Landscape !
Written Dec 6, 2006
Avesnois Landscape ! (2) Nature park
wandeljp's Related Pages
Avesnes-sur-Helpe Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Avesnes-sur-Helpe
- 21 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Avesnes-sur-Helpe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avesnes-sur-Helpe
Photos in Avesnes-sur-HelpeSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Brugge Intro, 70 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arras Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ieper Intro, 34 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 29 reviews, 61 photos
- Saint-Pol-sur-Ternoise Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 30 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Veurne Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Massif de la Vanoise Intro, 10 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dadizele Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mercantour Intro, 9 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues