Buenos Aires Shopping Tips by Constanza
Buenos Aires Shopping: 201 reviews and 207 photos
Patio Bullrich - Shopping
Opened in 1988, decorated in and elegant and classical style, it is located in the vicinity of embassies, theatres and prestigious hotels. It houses 80 shops, a food hall with capacity for up to 800 people, 200 car park spaces and a leisure centre that includes 6 cinema theatres.
This mall was built in the refurbished building of the former "cattle market". Among the remaining original features are the great clock - in the centre of the main hall- and sculptures representing animal heads.
Address: Avenida del Libertador 740
Directions: Nearest Bus: 124, 110, 62, 92, 67.
Open hours: 10am-9pm daily
Phone: 54 11 48147400
Alto Palermo Shopping
Opened in 1990, Alto Palermo is the main shopping centre in the city. Its daring architectural design, awarded by the International Council of Shopping Centers, re-creates a four-cornered structure with a mirror-like exterior that reflects the buildings in Santa Fe Avenue and Coronel Díaz Street. It has three storeys, decorated in marble, ceramic tiles and fine wood, housing more than 180 shops, a dining area for 750 people, a cyber-café and a roofed parking lot for 700 cars.
The fun fair is a good option for youngsters and children. The two movie theatres at the premises offer special prices for children under 12 (ARA4 for any show); the regular admission fee is ARA7.
Other entertaining activities are musical performances, shows and beauty centres for women.
Address: Arenales 3360
Directions: Nearest train: Bulnes Línea D
Open hours: 10am-11pm Sun-Thur; 10am-1am Fri & Sat
Phone: 54 11 57778000
B. A. Design
This shopping mall is located in Recoleta, one of the trendiest areas in Buenos Aires.
It is entirely devoted to interior design. It is a favourite spot for tourists and is surrounded by an enormous park, some museums, fairs, and cultural centres.
Sixty stores are spread over two stories and feature leading design firms. A spectacular veranda is onsite as well as numerous restaurants ranging from a traditional criollo barbecue restaurant to a branch of the Hard Rock Café.
Address: Avenida Pueyrredón 2501
Directions: Nearest train: Bus: 110, 17, 92, 93
Open hours: 10am-9pm Mon-Sat; 1pm-9pm Sun
Phone: 54 11 45776000
Galerías Pacífico - Mall
This complex is located in an old building that belonged to Ferrocarriles Argentinos, the former Railroad Company of the State. Fortuantely, the wonderful friezes by Raúl Soldi were kept. Thus the shopping promenade is lined with artistic streaks. Its shining marble, diverse staircases and mural paintings constitute a novel and sophisticated atmosphere.
The center is home to the Centro Cultural Borges and Julio Bocca´s ballet school. There are also more than 200 stores, a number of movie theatres, and an elegant dining area with different options: from tea rooms to romantic restaurants to fast food parlors.
Address: Florida 787
Directions: Nearest train: Florida Línea B
Open hours: 10am-10pm Mon-Fri; 10am-1pm Sat-Sun
Phone: 54 11 43195118
More Reviews (27)
- See All Youth Hostels
- See All Dancing Time
- See All Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes
- See All Teatro Colón
Constanza's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Explore the World
- Providence Canyon State Park
- Colonial National Historical Parkway Hotels
- Ghazipur Hotels
- Tondano Hotels
- Clogga Hotels
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 31 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 145 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mar del Plata Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Villa La Angostura Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Villa Traful Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- El Calafate Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Villa Gesell Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- Buenos Aires Hilton
- 496 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Bulnes Quality Studios Hotel Buenos Aires
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2012
- Gran Hotel Dora Buenos Aires
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Park Tower
- 217 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Columbia Palace
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Design Ce
- 146 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Aspen Suites Hotel
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 28, 2013
- Faena Hotel And Universe
- 213 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- Milhouse Hostel
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Suipacha Suites
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 21, 2012
- Apart Hotel & Spa Congreso
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 8, 2012
- Ibis Buenos Aires
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013
- Elevage Buenos Aires Hotel
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2013
- 334 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- La Boca- 122 Reviews, 221 Photos
- Recoleta- 157 Reviews, 230 Photos
- San Telmo- 136 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Plaza de Mayo- 136 Reviews, 202 Photos
- El Obelisco- 53 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Recoleta - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 44 Reviews, 132 Photos
- El Congreso- 36 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Florida Street- 44 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Tango- 49 Reviews, 64 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 48 Reviews, 83 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do