Buenos Aires Shopping Tips by Constanza
Buenos Aires Shopping: 202 reviews and 210 photos
Patio Bullrich - Shopping
Opened in 1988, decorated in and elegant and classical style, it is located in the vicinity of embassies, theatres and prestigious hotels. It houses 80 shops, a food hall with capacity for up to 800 people, 200 car park spaces and a leisure centre that includes 6 cinema theatres.
This mall was built in the refurbished building of the former "cattle market". Among the remaining original features are the great clock - in the centre of the main hall- and sculptures representing animal heads.
Address: Avenida del Libertador 740
Directions: Nearest Bus: 124, 110, 62, 92, 67.
Open hours: 10am-9pm daily
Phone: 54 11 48147400
Alto Palermo Shopping
Opened in 1990, Alto Palermo is the main shopping centre in the city. Its daring architectural design, awarded by the International Council of Shopping Centers, re-creates a four-cornered structure with a mirror-like exterior that reflects the buildings in Santa Fe Avenue and Coronel Díaz Street. It has three storeys, decorated in marble, ceramic tiles and fine wood, housing more than 180 shops, a dining area for 750 people, a cyber-café and a roofed parking lot for 700 cars.
The fun fair is a good option for youngsters and children. The two movie theatres at the premises offer special prices for children under 12 (ARA4 for any show); the regular admission fee is ARA7.
Other entertaining activities are musical performances, shows and beauty centres for women.
Address: Arenales 3360
Directions: Nearest train: Bulnes Línea D
Open hours: 10am-11pm Sun-Thur; 10am-1am Fri & Sat
Phone: 54 11 57778000
B. A. Design
This shopping mall is located in Recoleta, one of the trendiest areas in Buenos Aires.
It is entirely devoted to interior design. It is a favourite spot for tourists and is surrounded by an enormous park, some museums, fairs, and cultural centres.
Sixty stores are spread over two stories and feature leading design firms. A spectacular veranda is onsite as well as numerous restaurants ranging from a traditional criollo barbecue restaurant to a branch of the Hard Rock Café.
Address: Avenida Pueyrredón 2501
Directions: Nearest train: Bus: 110, 17, 92, 93
Open hours: 10am-9pm Mon-Sat; 1pm-9pm Sun
Phone: 54 11 45776000
Galerías Pacífico - Mall
This complex is located in an old building that belonged to Ferrocarriles Argentinos, the former Railroad Company of the State. Fortuantely, the wonderful friezes by Raúl Soldi were kept. Thus the shopping promenade is lined with artistic streaks. Its shining marble, diverse staircases and mural paintings constitute a novel and sophisticated atmosphere.
The center is home to the Centro Cultural Borges and Julio Bocca´s ballet school. There are also more than 200 stores, a number of movie theatres, and an elegant dining area with different options: from tea rooms to romantic restaurants to fast food parlors.
Address: Florida 787
Directions: Nearest train: Florida Línea B
Open hours: 10am-10pm Mon-Fri; 10am-1pm Sat-Sun
Phone: 54 11 43195118
More Reviews (27)
- See All Youth Hostels
- See All Dancing Time
- See All Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes
- See All Teatro Colón
Constanza's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kandy Hotels
- Pondicherry Hotels
- Pigeon Forge Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Laoag City
- Pulau Babi Besar Hotels
- James Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 31 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 145 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mar del Plata Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Villa La Angostura Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Villa Traful Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- El Calafate Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Villa Gesell Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- Park Elegance Kempinski Hotel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2013
- Hotel Sheltown
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Marriott Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
- 552 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Hotel Globales Republica Wellness & Spa
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Four Seasons Buenos Aires
- 400 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Kempinski Park Central Hotel Buenos Aires
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Kempinski Chateau Park Plaza Hotel
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- The Cocker
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Golden Tulip Savoy
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Etoile Hotel
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Loi Suites Esmeralda Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 6, 2013
- Panamericano Buenos Aires Hotel
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- El Conquistador Hotel
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Ibis Buenos Aires Obelisco
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Castelar Hotel And Spa
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- La Boca- 122 Reviews, 221 Photos
- San Telmo- 136 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Recoleta- 157 Reviews, 230 Photos
- Plaza de Mayo- 136 Reviews, 202 Photos
- Recoleta - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 44 Reviews, 132 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 47 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Puerto Madero and Catalina's- 67 Reviews, 117 Photos
- El Obelisco- 53 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Florida Street- 44 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Tango- 49 Reviews, 64 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do