"Baku" Top 5 Page for this destination Baku by Subria

Baku Travel Guide: 260 reviews and 595 photos

Baku will be my first Page on VirtualTourist after the Page of my hometown Zurich. My visit to Baku was actually the reason for joining VirtualTourist, the Information here helped me a lot for my trip, especially because I met Minashka. You will find a lot more Information on her travel pages about Baku and Azerbaijan than I could ever provide, because it is her hometown and she knows almost everything... Thank you again for your help during our stay in Azerbaijan.

Azerbaijan

Except of the fact that Switzerland lost in soccer there I knew nothing about this country. Well I have seen the James Bond movie and because of the geographical position I assumed that there are a lot of oil companies. After my visit I know that there actually are a lot of oil companies, oil fields and oil men from the states. But Azerbaijan is a lot more than that and I regret that I did not have more time to explore it.

Baku

I was very surprised to find such a modern city in the middle east, a mixture of oriental, european and soviet stiles. There are a lot of beautiful buildings in the city centre and there is a huge promenade on the seafront. You will find a lot of shopping opportunities and also great food in the azeri restaurants. The people we met were very friendly and seemed to be open minded.

• Last visit to Baku: Sep 2005
  • Intro Written Feb 22, 2006

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2008 at 2:37 AM

Great page - interesting tips and photos.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 12:30 PM

i hope to get there one day. thanks for the tips and greetings from a not-very-sunny tessin

• Nov 7, 2006 at 9:09 AM

Interesting place and tips. Baku sounds interesting to visit.

• Lunaina's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2006 at 12:01 AM

Great tips on Baku. Thanks!! Hoep you had a nice birthday!!! Groeten uit Nederland

• Minashka's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2006 at 2:05 PM

Hey there, dear friend :) Wonderful Baku page you have, congrats on that! Glad you found the time and of course it's nice to see my own name mentioned there ;-) Was great to meet you-come back anytime! Cheers, MM

Subria

“Be a traveller - not a tourist!”

Badges & Stats in Baku