"Home away from home" Top 5 Page for this destination Meadville by Gammy1968

Meadville Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 33 photos

Visiting my parents in law

My whole family loves visiting here and we especially enjoy the back yard as we dont have a yard at our condo in Frankfurt.
And we also enjoy the yard work as you can see here where Emily helps raking leaves and helping her Grandpa getting them packed up in sacks for transport to the dumpster...... its a shame with all them leaves having such beautiful colours in the fall.... unfortunately I forgot what kind of tree this is but I will ask and add this information as soon as possible.

Pumpkins for Halloween

Enily and I have been to Meadville once for this special time and it was her first time trick-or-treating as this is not a custom in Germany.
I thought the Halloween parade was very nice and we really enjoyed watching it.

Lakota = Gentle person

This is Lakota a Giant Alaskan Malamut, my sister-in-laws dog and the name she has given him absolutely fits. She took it from the language of a Native American tribe.... I have never seen a more gentle dog and according to her the vet is happy about that, too.
Emily loves feeding him and was never bitten as he really is good with kids.
This breed of dogs can pull enormous loads on sleds (unfortunately I forgot how much exactly... I will investigate and add as soon as possible) and in this picture Lakota was only a puppy himself. Now that he is grown he looks more like a small pony and Emily with her now 38 pounds could ride him without being a burden to him.

• Pros:Its not the center of the world but its nice
  • Cons:Not much action if you need it...
  • In a nutshell:Coming home every time I travel there, thats a good feeling
  • Last visit to Meadville: Jan 2005
  • Intro Written Jan 23, 2006

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 5:22 AM

Lakota is a beautifull being. ;-)

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 1:55 AM

Isn't Pennsylvania beautiful! I lived there for one year and enjoyed it so much.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2006 at 1:53 AM

Hi Claudia, it was great to see you again at the meeting in Karlsruhe on Friday. (I've just posted a travelogue about it on my Karlsruhe page.) Nice tip on pumpkins and the corn maze in rural Pennsylvania!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2006 at 5:31 AM

Wasn't Emily scared visiting Pumkinville? Looks like a "fun" place, though - especially you being cooked in the witch's kettle!!!

• Arual's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2006 at 5:54 AM

hahah! Emily looks kinda evil in the corn maze.. maybe its from too many children of the corn type movies... :) but I like it.. and uhh excuse me but the butler isnt scary! hes muh loooove!! hahha

Gammy1968 Visits Here Frequently!

Gammy1968

“Travel the sidestreets - it´s more fun!”

Badges & Stats in Meadville

Have you been to Meadville?

Latest Activity in Meadville