"Moskow" Moscow by Gammy1968

Moscow Travel Guide: 4,094 reviews and 9,331 photos

Red Square

I have had 6 years of Russian in school... unfortunately I was never very good at it and have forgotten most words.
My class though made a trip to Moskau and we all learned a lot.... most of all how to keep warm. As you can see from the picture it was winter and believe me it was very cold!
Standing in line to finally get into the Lenin mausoleum took us close to two hours. Nobody was allowed to stop and have a closer look at the embalmed former leader, you were forced to always move on around the glass box..... we were out again in under three minutes.
After this we went straight back to the hotel room and I used my hair dryer to warm up my feet.

Metro - the Underground

We took the Metro all over Moskau and especially the stations directly in Moskau are so beautifully decorated it is amazing!
The picture you see here is from the station Komsomolskaya, if I am not mistaken, and you feel like you are in a palace.
And most of all there was no grafitti or destruction to be seen anywhere... I hope it still looks like this, it would be a shame if it wouldn´t!
Another fact is that they have the longest, steepest and fastests escalators I have ever been on.... and to my absolute amazement old babuschkas (that´s grandmothers in Russian) jumped on and off like it was nothing! I had to carefully watch every step so I wouldn´t trip.... and I was a teenager at that time but obviously not even half as fit.

Moskau State Circus

One of the best shows I have ever seen!
The artists showed such amazing practices I had never seen before and I couldn´t stop watching in wonder.
One of the most famous clowns ever, Oleg Popov, had a performance, too, he is still alive and living in Germany my friend told me. Good health to you and thank you for a wonderful evening!

• Last visit to Moscow: Mar 1987
  • Intro Updated Aug 25, 2005

Comments

Gammy1968

“Travel the sidestreets - it´s more fun!”

Badges & Stats in Moscow