"On Lantau Disneyland finally opened!" Chek Lap Kok by Gammy1968

Chek Lap Kok Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 33 photos

Entrance

It was very hot the 4 days we spent there but we had so much fun!
Here is the entrance sign all the visitors pass under and Emily had a good moment for posing too.
The only very full day was the opening day (Sep. 12th) but the other days we went there we did not have to wait in line anywhere.
I must say that this park is perfect for kids of Emily?s age to maybe 8-10 years.... form my past experience while visiting Disneyland Paris with her she was to small for many of the rides but here at Hong Kong she could get on all the attractions and I did not have to tell her "No honey, you are to small for this..."
We had a great time and we will definitely be back when they have added some more rides.

Wonderful time

Emily with her 5 years of age took this picture and I am very proud of her that she did such a wonderful job... now you can believe I was there, too!
This fountain is at "Fantasy Gardens" a great pro for this park compared to other Disney parks. Here you could get in line (under shady canopies... great to get out of the sun!!!) to have your picture taken with your favourite characters without having to battle with people for the best shot... absolutely wonderful if you have to watch a small child but still want to have a good picture for memories.

Cooling off

Drinking a lot and getting out of the sun as often as possible was our main concern on this trip and what really helped and was a lot of fun, too, were the so called Liki Tikis... water spraying wooden status and we really enjoyed them... we came back here often and Emily ran back and forth to catch as much water as she could.

• Pros:Great fun for the whole family
  • Cons:Make sure you get in the shade and drink a lot
  • In a nutshell:An exciting addition to Disneys world
  • Last visit to Chek Lap Kok: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 17, 2006

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I never even knew that there was a Disneyland in Hong Kong now! The photos of Emily are so sweet, and I can see you had such a fun time here :-)

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 10:49 PM

enjoyed your photos - Emily looks adorable!

• loisl's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Great tipps on Disney HK! That Hollywood Hotel looks like a real bargain, Cheers, Peter

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2008 at 8:59 AM

that pesky mouse gets everywhere !

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Oh my gosh!! Disney in Hong Kong? I didn't know that existed! Ours is better of course :-)

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2007 at 4:57 AM

Your Daughter is absolutely beautiful..she obviously had a great time in HK...I agree with the heat!!!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2006 at 12:24 AM

You & your daughter obviously had a great time there ! Good childhood-memories is the best present parents my give to their children !

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2006 at 2:05 PM

You are so lucky to have been to Disneyland in Honk Kong.

Gammy1968

“Travel the sidestreets - it´s more fun!”

Badges & Stats in Chek Lap Kok

Have you been to Chek Lap Kok?

Latest Activity in Chek Lap Kok