"Welcome to my world" Gammy1968's Profile
the hardest thing is always to find the proper beginning so I guess I just start typing away.
I was born in Offenbach, a city close to Frankfurt, some years ago and together with my wonderful husband Jim outforlunch and my lovely daughter Emily we currently live in Kalbach which is a part of Frankfurt.
I have always loved travelling and I can´t remember ever being home sick
My family always travelled even though my Dad actually liked it best to stay home and tend to his garden, that was his kind of recreation.
The first trip all alone was when I was 12 years old and my parents sent me to some relatives in Vancouver/Canada. To read all about that trip just go to my Canada chapter.
The picture on the right was taken on our last trip in June this year to the beautiful island of Koh Samui in Thailand, again more pictures can be found in the Thailand chapter.
Fasching is the time of year in Germany where about half of the people celebrate carnival and the other half leave the country or go into hiding because they just don´t like it.
I have always loved it and especially the different costumes you can get into.
This year (2005) Emily and I were dressed as two frogs, I was the queen of frogs with a crown on my head and she was the baby frog.
We had lots of fun on the streets at the parades and believe me these costumes were big enough so we could put enough clothes on underneath..... you can see the snow on the ground as it was February.
If she has a real good day my daughter Emily can be convinced not to make funny faces when we want to take pictures of her.
In this one she played along with our plans, it was taken on the front porch of our hotel on Koh Samui in June 2005.
You can find more pictures of my little sunshine in the personal album -Emily - the wonder in my life-
ATTENTION: after the EUROMEET 2007 in Santorini she wanted her own page... so together we have started her page Princess_Emily .... go check it out!*
My whole family has had a wonderful time first in Athens, then on the sailing cruise and finally at the meeting on Santorini.
We have met so many wonderful new VT-er´s and we hope they will be very good friends in the years to come.
I have started the Athens and Santorini pages but will for sure work on it for some time before I am satisfied so be patient with me.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 44 Reviews
- 158 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Gammy1968 and VTDC are now friends.
- Commented on Gammy1968's profile page
- Posted in Travel Chicago Forum "Re: Dinner suggestion"
- Wrote a Review More pictures of the temple in Sounio Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "More pictures of the temple"
- updated a Sounio Travel Page "Sailing by the temple"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my world"
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Chek Lap Kok Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meadville Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Long Island District Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Perth Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Pymatuning State Park Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Sydney Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Tucson Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Sounio Intro, 1 review, 5 photos